Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yoiso21.gif

Reaction score
Just finished a 9 x 4.5 x 2 ft pond. If I was to do it over again.I's put a scrap of liner in between the corners to bring everything to the same level. The is a minor dip in the middle of each side on our pond.

019.jpg

Reaction score
No video, DH's camera does that and not well if it isn't bright daylight out. Since we finished to this point around 7:15 tonight, you just get pics from my camera.

Ok, still some final touches to put on it, but close enough for testing...
IMG_4373.jpg

and the plunge
IMG_4374.jpg

Cadbury on the other side trying to figure out how Ally got in
IMG_4375.jpg

She had help getting there
IMG_4379.jpg

And they are all in now
IMG_4380.jpg

mmmm, bugs
IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

automatic drinking fountain
IMG_4404.jpg

little duckly love (then my camera battery died lol)
IMG_4407.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hooray, that is so cool and I'm so happy for them. It's just ducky :) :lol:
I wonder if they will ever want to get out or will they just sleep in there :)

Reaction score
They go to their duck house on the deck just before dark and wait for me to go out and tell them it is bedtime and lock them in their house. They swam for a little bit and then were ready to get out. I had to get in to get them to the corner where I set up makeshit steps (one of the final touches to be done) for them to get out. Cadbury (chocolate one) let me get her there. Ally got to the edge and flew herself out.

Sadly, last Thursday, I came home from work and found Blue dead :(
So the maiden voyage was short a duck

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no what happened to Blue? That is so sad that he didn't get to enjoy it before he departed :(

Reaction score
We brought her to the vet 2 weeks ago now and the vet said it was likely just a broken wing, but she still wasn't getting better.
Obviously it was more than just a broken wing, but no idea what.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Might have gotten an infection in the wing and spread throughout her body. We had a rooster once that had a broken leg and took him to the vet and they put a cast on it and it healed but he died shortly thereafter of an infection from it all :(
Nice guy, that vet, he did it all for nothing cuz he said he had never done it before on a rooster :cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That's the sad thing about lots of vets. They are either large animal or "pet" animal, and ducks, goats, etc. get the shaft. I'm extremely lucky that I have a variety of vets at the clinic where I go, and get good info on any animal I have. Sorry to hear about Blue. :-( The pictures were awesome! I laughed at them, and your narration. Loved the "automatic drinking fountain" pic. My kids had ducks when they were younger. One hen laid 24 eggs, 2 layers of them! And, she hatched each and every one of them. I was amazed! Have fun with your duckie friends. They sure look like they are enjoying the new pool!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
:( Very cool! I have to say, I'm impressed your ducks get such a special place to enjoy!:cool: Nice Job!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow very nice and your ducks look like they love you duckie pond!

Reaction score
Ok, they have been camping out in there for a few days.
We seeded the filter with a piece of green scrubbie I was able to stick in our tank filter, but um, it was a small piece, so how much seeding does that do really. I don't expect it to be working to its max potential yet. And the water is getting unclear already.

I have a bag of barley straw in there to prevent algae growth. I hope to find some plants, but I'm from the north, where things are different. I can't get those things down here, so not sure what to look for next.
Plants - anybody know of some good ones to float that might maybe be duck safe and untastey to ducks? Water hyacinth seem to be a huge nono in the south. I didn't even find duck weed and I was just going to let them eat that.
So need plant ideas to help with all that duck poop.

And somebody on my duck forum suggested - Microbe Lift TAC
anybody know anything about that? I have it in my amazon cart, but haven't clicked order yet.

Ask a Question