Lizard Tail

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if I can plant lizard tail 18-24" below the surface? Can I just treat this plant similar to bull rush?
cheers,
Ken

Attachments

• lizard tail.jpg
    lizard tail.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 198
Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s pretty deep. But why not try it? If you can’t put it on a shallow water ledge or elevate it someway perhaps try to find a mature plant 3 or 4 feet tall that way about 1/2 of the plant will grow submerged. It might work out well. In nature, they are used to high and low water conditions and survive as long as they aren’t completely submerged for extended times.
Stephen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I had some planted in my bog...probably 2" below the waterline....they did not come back. Had an unusually brutal winter in Virginia this past year. Probably had 3 inches of ice on the pond. So yeah, I wish I had planted them deeper.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are in my bog, freezes solid, in the pond in a pot, around 4 inches below water surface, they come back every year. I do a lot of yanking and tossing.

Ask a Question