Long time lurker, pics of pond 2.0

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
You can actually see the pads starting to form today, I feel like a proud papa lol. I tried to get a pic of the 2 fish but they're a bit too shy. I'm glad she didn't give up either sissy, I hope she doesn't see this or next it will be painting the living room ha.
IMG_0007.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I now have 2 small pads on the surface, There are 3 more that have started to form but they've not grown much this week. Also I wanted to post a pic of my Hyacinths, they are starting to turn a bit yellow. I tried a soak in Miracle Grow this morning but I hope I didn't leave them in too long, the edges on the leafs are kinda dry.
IMG_4560.jpg
IMG_8168.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Build it and they will come. Yesterday I watched a chipmunk drinking from the waterfall. That was pretty cool for me, you never get to see those guys up close too often. As I was reaching for my phone I spooked him, (or her) and they ran back a bit. Today this bird was kinda shy coming up, but I guess the desire to drink out weighed the danger and after a few minutes he came up and got a drink. I tried again to get a pic of the fish, but I think they have found a lazy way to eat. Instead of coming to the surface to get their food, they stay under the water fall and catch it was the water takes it under. With the way its been dry here, I would think it would be like the wild kingdom around the pond, but just birds and chipmunks, where are all the frogs and turtles?? Sorry for the image quality, but when I zoom my phone, that's the results.
chipmunk.jpg
bird.jpg
fish.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep everything needs water and I bet the critters just love that you built all that just for them :)
I think it will just take awhile for other critters to figure out it is there for them too. A little birdie will tell them sooner or later

Ask a Question