TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hello everyone, spring has finally sprung, and I am working on getting the upflow wetland filter at my local botanical gardens all up and running. The final piece to the puzzle is hosing to run from the skimmer box to the pvc inside of the wetland filter. I am not set on any method, flexible/rigid, and material/form factor. I am looking for a long lasting durable option, what would you all recommend? Our winters have been very cold recently, so ideally this would be able to take the rather severe temperatures. Links are very helpful!

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cast iron. But assuming that’s not a practical solution, rigid pvc buried below the frost line would be my second choice. And if not that, then rigid above the frost line sloped 1/4” per foot with no dips in the line and a valve to drain at the bottom. Flex PVC would be next. Pond hose would be last.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Cast iron. But assuming that’s not a practical solution, rigid pvc buried below the frost line would be my second choice. And if not that, then rigid above the frost line sloped 1/4” per foot with no dips in the line and a valve to drain at the bottom. Flex PVC would be next. Pond hose would be last.
Thanks for all the options. I would like to go with rigid pvc but I would have to have several dips and rises, so it sounds like flex PVC is my best option. Thanks very much!

Would this be a good option? https://www.amazon.com/Diameter-Flexible-Schedule-Plumbing-Filtration/dp/B06W2N4Q1T

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's the stuff! Black might be more UV resistant and easier to disguise. Lowes/HD/Menards sell it online only, probably for better pricing than Amazon.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
That's the stuff! Black might be more UV resistant and easier to disguise. Lowes/HD/Menards sell it online only, probably for better pricing than Amazon.
Sounds great! Thanks so much.

Ask a Question