Lotta excess liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
So its been super rainy which has slowed us down a bunch.

Finally were able to put on the underlayment and liner …..////. But wasn’t expecting SO much extra liner material.

I’m trying to pleat and fold it - will take another stab at that today. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 8A02FAF0-4714-473F-8BA0-497C2CF011F9.jpeg
    8A02FAF0-4714-473F-8BA0-497C2CF011F9.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 27
  • BF44052C-D257-49A2-BD58-DA9FBBE62B7A.jpeg
    BF44052C-D257-49A2-BD58-DA9FBBE62B7A.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Before you cut it, consider using it to enlarge the pond a bit. I don't know what size your property is, but most everyone wishes they had made their pond a little bigger. When I did mine, I had a ton of excess liner, too. One of the best decisions I made was to add a shallow area to one side, using that excess. It has turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the pond, giving me opportunities for more plants, pretty pebbles, and great fish-viewing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Doesn’t look like you have THAT much extra. Like @bagsmom said, don’t cut it until you’ve given yourself a few days to look at it and see if you can make the pond a little bigger.

And definitely don’t cut it before filling. You will almost certainly lose some liner as the pond fills and the liner conforms to the excavation more tightly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not planning on cutting just trying to figure out how to tuck away all the extra?

noway to expand at all - sidewalk in two directions, fence in the other two. I went down to about 40 in from the original 12 instead

Reaction score
Country
United States
Husband will shoot me if i try to remove liner and dig deeper lol. We are stopping where we are at

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also that’s a joke we are v peaceful. but he thinks as much as i’ve dug is too much already. Plus too hot we are done digging.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I feel like there shouldn’t be so many creases in it?
Freeform shapes usually require folding/creasing. You can try to consolidate them if you want it a bit more tidy. Sometimes you can turn 3-4 small pleats into 1 big one. Not sure it matters, though. Easiest will probably be to start filling and work out your folds as it fills.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I'm a sloppy pond liner-folder person, so my folds are fairly obvious, but with rocks and plants in the pond, the fish snacking algae that grows on the liner, and that "I'm used to it so no longer see it", I pretend it's origami and am happy. No one notices or at least are too polite to say anything. Enjoy the pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Start filling the pond and work the liner as you go the water will help hold the liner as you work your way around then fill it up a little more .

Ask a Question