Member Map

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The Garden Pond Forums Member Map is now up and running! You can access it here:

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/memberMap/

We will put a link on the main page in the future - it's proving a little tricky but we'll get there!

If you want to add your location, simply click on the button in the right hand corner.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks Becky..............I'm living on the map now and I just went and visited some friends there also :moped: , Fishin,Country,addy and Ian and where are you on the map Becky.............hopefully right there w/ Ian :D

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool to be able to see about where in the world everyone is from, I added mine.

It should almost be a requirement to join, just because so many people have questions on pond depths, plants, things you need to know location to be able to help with thier questions. I know some people don't really want that info out there though.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Also, I see if you click on the map, it brings up the member and you can clcik on thier name and go to thier profile. Is there a way to make it go the other way too? so if you are on thier profile and you clcik on thier location, it bring you to that map?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is neat! fun to see the area where people live and pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh it is a way to keep up with the map .I think it is neat and hope we can fill in more areas soon .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Also, I see if you click on the map, it brings up the member and you can clcik on thier name and go to thier profile. Is there a way to make it go the other way too? so if you are on thier profile and you clcik on thier location, it bring you to that map?

The member map is currently in beta, so we'll need to look into whether it's possible to do this. I agree it would be very useful!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What are the different colors? FISHIN shows up as green; mine and 2 others are blue; and the rest are red. Moderator? On-line? Off-line?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I can tell, moderators and admin are green, and everyone else is red. The blue icons appear when there are two markers that are close together - if you zoom in a bit that should disappear and you will see the individual red markers.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If someone is your friend it shows as green with a F in the green. Blue with a little house: i.e. your home for your icon

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Neat feature. Added mine.

It should almost be a requirement to join, just because so many people have questions on pond depths, plants, things you need to know location to be able to help with thier questions. I know some people don't really want that info out there though.
I was thinking the exact same about how it'll help members to know who to ask about region specific ponding questions. Very kool feature.

Ask a Question