Members and Guests

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Big Red said:
I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.

I think this is a lot of it. I've had my pond for a long time. I don't know anything about biology and how the pond as a whole works from that stand point. But, I get on here every day and read the posts and learn. I have changed the components of my bio filter several times after reading on here how it is suppose to be set up. So, for me, I'm more of a reader and learn, than a poster. This site has been very helpful to me.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i have been on this site just over a year ... i do try to help others if i think i may know an answer to there problem, but im not to good at explaining to others what i mean, i come across to blunt i feel, so most times i just ask questions or read the posts .. i have learnt so much !! :0)

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i have been on this site just over a year ... i do try to help others if i think i may know an answer to there problem, but im not to good at explaining to others what i mean, i come across to blunt i feel, so most times i just ask questions or read the posts .. i have learnt so much !! :0)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its true what Dr.Dave said tho....theres been many people who joined,were on asking questions every day for a week or two maybe a month. and got their pond done or problem solved and then disappeared...or joined to sell something and never came back.. if thats a persons intention i would rather they stay a visitor, and not join!!! just my 2 cents

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its true what Dr.Dave said tho....theres been many people who joined,were on asking questions every day for a week or two maybe a month. and got their pond done or problem solved and then disappeared...or joined to sell something and never came back.. if thats a persons intention i would rather they stay a visitor, and not join!!! just my 2 cents

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Big Red said:
Completely understandable.
My comment was not meant to slight, but rather aimed at those like myself who have perhaps felt self conscious having benefited from all of you and given almost nothing back. I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.
My background is in finance and education. One day I will add 'ponding' to the list.
Best.
BR

Heck I am an ex ultrasound tech, administrator, boss, now house wife oh yeah and pond builder. Feel free to jump in with all ten fingers. Everybody has an idea, an answer, a comment. So what if it is not the most qualified answer, sometimes that is just what the person needs due to their circumstances.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Big Red said:
Completely understandable.
My comment was not meant to slight, but rather aimed at those like myself who have perhaps felt self conscious having benefited from all of you and given almost nothing back. I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.
My background is in finance and education. One day I will add 'ponding' to the list.
Best.
BR

Heck I am an ex ultrasound tech, administrator, boss, now house wife oh yeah and pond builder. Feel free to jump in with all ten fingers. Everybody has an idea, an answer, a comment. So what if it is not the most qualified answer, sometimes that is just what the person needs due to their circumstances.

Reaction score
I am not an expert either. Less than 2 years of ponding. 15 years of reef keeping. I have learned a lot about outside ponds from this and another forum I like to go to. I like to post when I feel I have something to offer or kid around. I take care of my Japanese Mom an my grandson so I don't get to post as often as I like. We are now doing a DIY skippy thanks to all I have learned here. I have to get the camera out this weekend and take some pics. I know how we all like them.

Reaction score
I am not an expert either. Less than 2 years of ponding. 15 years of reef keeping. I have learned a lot about outside ponds from this and another forum I like to go to. I like to post when I feel I have something to offer or kid around. I take care of my Japanese Mom an my grandson so I don't get to post as often as I like. We are now doing a DIY skippy thanks to all I have learned here. I have to get the camera out this weekend and take some pics. I know how we all like them.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Big Red said:
I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.

BR

Every one has a different way of doing things ..Dont hesitate to tell some one something that works for you
It lets every one see different ideas and gets are mind turning

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Big Red said:

BR

Every one has a different way of doing things ..Dont hesitate to tell some one something that works for you
It lets every one see different ideas and gets are mind turning

Reaction score
This is an interesting post and has to be for the good of everyone on here.
I am a newbie and have posted loads!!!
I have felt at times that I am taking over with a million and one questions.
Then Im at work and unable to post for a few days.

Im not sure how I appear to other forum users and think that probably people think 'who does she think she is' with so many questions ! Nopt helped by the fact in every day life I use 300 words when I could probably say the same thing with 30 and Im the same on here!

I am not able to give advice through inexperience and even if I felt I could answer a query, Id feel that I may offend those with experience combined with longevity on this site.

Its good to air how it is for people on 'each side of the fence', then we can all get an appreciation of each others prospectives rather than make assumptions.

I posted on the general chat forum as a way of trying to 'mingle' and I guess 'give' in the only forum Im yet able to.

If it helps, I posted asking how to say thank you without sending a post to every reply because
I am not sure about manners and etiquette on forums, in real life I would say thank you to everyone who spoke to me.

My children do these chat things where they type and get replies immediately and I worry that sometimes Im in danger of expecting that response here.

I am grateful to people here for everyones advice and sometimes even just support.

Im posting next on the algae forum about some stuff growing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
This is an interesting post and has to be for the good of everyone on here.
I am a newbie and have posted loads!!!
I have felt at times that I am taking over with a million and one questions.
Then Im at work and unable to post for a few days.

Im not sure how I appear to other forum users and think that probably people think 'who does she think she is' with so many questions ! Nopt helped by the fact in every day life I use 300 words when I could probably say the same thing with 30 and Im the same on here!

I am not able to give advice through inexperience and even if I felt I could answer a query, Id feel that I may offend those with experience combined with longevity on this site.

Its good to air how it is for people on 'each side of the fence', then we can all get an appreciation of each others prospectives rather than make assumptions.

I posted on the general chat forum as a way of trying to 'mingle' and I guess 'give' in the only forum Im yet able to.

If it helps, I posted asking how to say thank you without sending a post to every reply because
I am not sure about manners and etiquette on forums, in real life I would say thank you to everyone who spoke to me.

My children do these chat things where they type and get replies immediately and I worry that sometimes Im in danger of expecting that response here.

I am grateful to people here for everyones advice and sometimes even just support.

Im posting next on the algae forum about some stuff growing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
so is this the let off steam thread.........I know from experience that although there might be guest here,it can be [in some cases] a member not signing out.And when the time lasped out he,she looks like a guest.did I make any sense. long hot day.

btw-I'm here to learn and help Feel free to pm me with any pond design waterfall design,or problems with goldfish,etc,................. or in addy1 case a 85 foot stream,lol.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
so is this the let off steam thread.........I know from experience that although there might be guest here,it can be [in some cases] a member not signing out.And when the time lasped out he,she looks like a guest.did I make any sense. long hot day.

btw-I'm here to learn and help Feel free to pm me with any pond design waterfall design,or problems with goldfish,etc,................. or in addy1 case a 85 foot stream,lol.

Ask a Question