Meyer Jordan, RIP

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Oh no, just caught this and terribly saddened by the news. Meyer and others here, got me through last winter and setting up my first pond this spring. I feel fortunate to have spent time with him here and will forever be grateful for his shared knowledge. I feel blessed to have known him for the short time I have been on gpf.

Rest my friend and condolences to his family.

Donna Saverino MI

My first Grandchild
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
All your posts and comments will live forever on this site. Like you never left us. Thanks for your knowledge and sharing it to us pollywogs. Thanks for your love of this site and your love for nature. May you continue making a difference. We all expect to see your new pond one day. ;) RIP

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
I'm only on this site sporadically, and just noticed this. My condolences to his family. He will be missed, but, as several have pointed out, his knowledge will live on.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I have been out of the country for two weeks and just found out about Meyers......as a first year “Ponder”...I had numerous problems due to my own lack of knowledge, but he would always step up to help me......and when I was having serious problems he would private message me numerous times.....although some of his responses could be considered “Crusty”..... I always enjoyed it, maybe because I am of the same generation of Meyers....but he will be missed and I am glad his post are going to be Archived....R.I.P. Meyer you will truely be missed......Jimmy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Very sad news :(. Thank you for letting us know @adavisus.

RIP Meyer Jordan.

I spoke to him a little while ago and he created a digital archive of a lot of his work and research - he stored it securely online and shared the details with me, as he knew that he was in ill health. The aim being that I can convert and upload this work to the GPF resources section, so that his knowledge and information collated over the years can be retained.
Wow. What an incredible act of kindness.
RIP Meyer Jordan. You will surely be missed. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Shocked isn't the word the knowledge he and I shared over his time with us priceless , its just sad that last year went so wrong for us
R.I.P. my good friend

Dave 54

Ask a Question