Meyer Jordan, RIP

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very sad news :(. Thank you for letting us know @adavisus.

RIP Meyer Jordan.

I spoke to him a little while ago and he created a digital archive of a lot of his work and research - he stored it securely online and shared the details with me, as he knew that he was in ill health. The aim being that I can convert and upload this work to the GPF resources section, so that his knowledge and information collated over the years can be retained.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I'm so deeply saddened and shocked. I guess I took it for granted that we will all still be here. its so sad and he left a big hole now in this forum, and I will really miss him a lot as I respected him and was in awe of all his knowledge and hard work on this forum. Rest in Peace in Heaven with a big beautiful pond up there that needs your attention my friend!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States

RIP Meyer Jordan.

I spoke to him a little while ago and he created a digital archive of a lot of his work and research - he stored it securely online and shared the details with me, as he knew that he was in ill health. The aim being that I can convert and upload this work to the GPF resources section, so that his knowledge and information collated over the years can be retained.

What a selfless act that will benefit many.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

RIP Meyer Jordan.

That’s incredible! What a legacy to leave for the benefit of many who will never even have the opportunity to meet or know him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wow...so sorry to read this. Never met the man but am truly sadden to hear this news. Amazing how many he touched and reached on this site and have a feeling throughout the world. He had a way to express info in a sharing and thoughtful way that carried a ton of weight because of his knowledge and demeanor. RIP Mr. Jordan and my thoughts go out to his family and this pond community.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So sorry to read this and I did remember his post that he moved in with family because of health problems .He seemed to never let on to any of us how bad it was .He will be missed but not forgotten .My sympathy's go out to his family at this time of great loss

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh no, just caught this and terribly saddened by the news. Meyer and others here, got me through last winter and setting up my first pond this spring. I feel fortunate to have spent time with him here and will forever be grateful for his shared knowledge. I feel blessed to have known him for the short time I have been on gpf.

Rest my friend and condolences to his family.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I'm only on this site sporadically, and just noticed this. My condolences to his family. He will be missed, but, as several have pointed out, his knowledge will live on.
John

Ask a Question