MFS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
well, inspired by our fearless leader, @addy1 , I thought I'D add to the family too! Noooo, not what you think! Too old for that and the wife would have a heart attack (though, she came close anyway when I told her my intention!)! MFS has hit again, despite my laughably falsesincere promise to the Super Boss that I'd behave. Below, screenshots of the latest and greatest! I'm putting them into the winter turtle pool and won't subject them to the 40F water of the pond; this way less stress, I get to SEE them, and they might even be a bit larger when they finally GET to their new digs! In order; Zippy the shusui, Ace the Asagi, Daryl the goromo, Ginger the aka matsuba, and Stinger the ki utsuri (this for all those who KNOW koi and get into the nomenclature!). I had tograciously let my wife name the last, just to keep from camping outher because I love her on the couch for a month!

And I hear ya all out there, snickering; no, I ain't tryin' ta re-define 'overstocked' in the dictionary! Sheesh, some people!!!

Can we all say 'Merry Christmas to Me'?

And I swear; I DON'T have MFS, I don't have MFS, I don't have...(don't any of you go tellin' the support group about this!)

heh heh

Zippy.jpg
Ace.jpg
Daryl.jpg
Ginger.jpg
Stinger.jpg

smilie-sword-twirl-Christmas2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
DAAAAMMMMN!!!! NICE gift for XMAS! Merry christmas for you for sure!!! Awesome fishes, love more the asagi and goromo, but coz personal prefer ofc eh eh ( i want pics of all your kois ahahahah)

Are em tosai?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
DAAAAMMMMN!!!! NICE gift for XMAS! Merry christmas for you for sure!!! Awesome fishes, love more the asagi and goromo, but coz personal prefer ofc eh eh ( i want pics of all your kois ahahahah)

Are em tosai?
I'll put them up on my showcase; seems more appropriate there.

I believe they are, all except for maybe the aka matsuba; I believe he's a tosai. Can't afford them when they're too large, so I troll the first-years. I really have to stop, though; 42 koi and about 100 gf are going to stress-test my filtration/bog, ya know? Need something else to 'collect', I guess!

smilie-sword-twirl-Christmas2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I'll put them up on my showcase; seems more appropriate there.

I believe they are, all except for maybe the aka matsuba; I believe he's a tosai. Can't afford them when they're too large, so I troll the first-years. I really have to stop, though; 42 koi and about 100 gf are going to stress-test my filtration/bog, ya know? Need something else to 'collect', I guess!

View attachment 145335
Need something else? More kois!! Ahahah.
About matsuba you mean it can be a nisai?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pics pics pics!!!! Pleeease
Here's a few recent pix. The calico shubbie is my fave but I still love all the other common types especially the ones w/the long tails. I have mostly all orange ones due to the fact when I first got my fish I just put in 12 feeder fish. I did add some orange/white etc. a few anyways as the years went by.

IMG_9726.JPG

IMG_8644.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
The calico is gorgeous :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I love your creeping jenny on your edges...i got inspiration from one of your pic, when i roam into forum months ago

can be "common" gfs, but really bright red :oops: last pic the red's headed one, like it :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The calico is gorgeous :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I love your creeping jenny on your edges...i got inspiration from one of your pic, when i roam into forum months ago

can be "common" gfs, but really bright red :oops: last pic the red's headed one, like it :)
Thanks and man that Creeping Jenny really does a good job of creeping around to say the least!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Thanks and man that Creeping Jenny really does a good job of creeping around to say the least!
i got 5 or 6 pots of em, ready for this spring...and alrdy trying to split em during the winter ahah

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Here's a few recent pix. The calico shubbie is my fave but I still love all the other common types especially the ones w/the long tails. I have mostly all orange ones due to the fact when I first got my fish I just put in 12 feeder fish. I did add some orange/white etc. a few anyways as the years went by.

View attachment 145386

View attachment 145387

View attachment 145390
My aquarium longfin...danno if put it intorno pond...a bit worried that can happening something...
Seems like a tancho kohaku koi with the small red dot...

Ask a Question