Mint

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion and picture showing me where to place the mint on my stream Dimelius..as you can see it is very happy there in the bend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 51

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It will find other happy places to live also! Spreads easily.
Yep even in a pot when I had some I had to watch it close as when the wind blew it would send those seeds flying. Cut off the tops when it starts to go to seed, even before that, I would advise!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some types are more invasive than others. Unfortunately, I started with the really invasive one rather than the more controllable one, and it was a nightmare. You just have to keep an eye on it. Personally, I really like mint.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Some types are more invasive than others. Unfortunately, I started with the really invasive one rather than the more controllable one, and it was a nightmare. You just have to keep an eye on it. Personally, I really like mint.
Hmmm...wonder which one I have...I will watch it...I love mint. When I lived in the Adirondacks we had spearmint growing all over and I used to love picking it and rolling it between my fingers and inhaling....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I let mine grow where it wants to, do pull out of the bog now and then it can over grow. But the bees love the flowers in the fall a good food source for them. Pretty lilac flowers. When it gets out into the yard smells great when mowing!

I have mountain mint also, that grows like a bush, rather than vine like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
You can harvest it, dry the leaves and make mint tea. Fresh into iced tea is wonderful, too.

Ask a Question