Mulch

Reaction score
I'm landscaping the area around my pond and I'm not sure what kind of mulch to use. I know not to use rubber because it can be too hot for the frogs. I was planning on using double shredded natural mulch because there is no dye in it however when I am done mulching a customer (I have a small landscape business) my hands are still stained brown from the natural mulch. I'm worried about the rain water running off of the mulch and into the pond and making the water brown. Could this happen?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have mulch around my pond..red mulch...but i have a 18 to 24 inch ring of river rock in between the mulch and pond...and my pond is above grade.

Reaction score
I too am finishing my landscaping around my pond and had the same question. I decided to do as koiguy suggested and place my left-over river rock close to my rock wall on the perimeter. I will post some pics of the finished product..

Ask a Question