addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
anything will work, just to take the water coming out of the pipe and move it away from the pond without it digging up your soil.
i am having a brain blank on what to call it, it is a formed piece of concrete, or plastic that you have on the ground and it diverts the water away from the structure. Any place that sales gutter stuff has them .
http://www.guttersupply.com/p-splashblocks.gstml

splash blocks lmao.............sigh.............

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
anything will work, just to take the water coming out of the pipe and move it away from the pond without it digging up your soil.
i am having a brain blank on what to call it, it is a formed piece of concrete, or plastic that you have on the ground and it diverts the water away from the structure. Any place that sales gutter stuff has them .
http://www.guttersupply.com/p-splashblocks.gstml

splash blocks lmao.............sigh.............

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Which part, the pond or the overflow.

I have done an overflow on my pond in arizona,The pipe went out of the pond at a low spot, had it covered with a rock, black pond stuff around it, then the outside of the pond end of the pipe was buried into a gravel pit. Not a real large one, we didn't get much rain in the desert. but with some of our downpours the pond did fill up, and it was on the low end of our yard.

But I have never used the rock on a roll.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Which part, the pond or the overflow.

I have done an overflow on my pond in arizona,The pipe went out of the pond at a low spot, had it covered with a rock, black pond stuff around it, then the outside of the pond end of the pipe was buried into a gravel pit. Not a real large one, we didn't get much rain in the desert. but with some of our downpours the pond did fill up, and it was on the low end of our yard.

But I have never used the rock on a roll.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Lee you might have trouble in the winter here the safest way for fish to survive in hard winters is for the pond to be 3ft deep at least, I dont want to dampen your good work but I also dont want you spending money on fish for them to suffer in the frost, you could always bring them indoors in a tank over the winter untill you decide to build your other pond as you mentioned in previous posts. Koi will also need a lot more room and depth for future reference hope this has not put you off but it will be a benefit for you and your fish
John

lee

Reaction score
ok then now am confused.com a was on about my pond overflowing with heavy rain and its now endid up to my pond freezing over in the winter and my plan woz to do my next pond next yr wen i have the time and money and i have a lot ov water movement in my pond a dont fink it will freeze over

Ask a Question