My AQUASCAPE experience

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I've been away for a while with back issues and my pond maintenance was severely lacking.
I purchased an AQUASCAPE filter for one of my ponds that uses a pressurized system and had a 3rd replacement, absolutely horrible SMARTPOND filter.
I bought the AQUASCAPE about a year ago. But just installed it today. I used all of the established large bio balls from my SMART POND filter in addition to the smaller bio balls already inside the AQUASCAPE unit.
I'm sorry to report that although it looks relatively high quality. Maybe except for the clamps that hold it together. The lever that selects either FILTER or CLEAN doesn't actually close. And water pours out of the CLEAN port at a pretty decent rate even turned off. Although much more does come out if it is fully switched over to the CLEAN setting.
I cannot recommend this filter. And I really wanted to. I'm going to install a ball valve on the CLEAN line to stop the flow and I'll open it when I open the switch on the filter to clean it.
This shouldn't be required.

Attachments

• 20220103_122816.jpg
    20220103_122816.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220103_122811.jpg
    20220103_122811.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220103_122830.jpg
    20220103_122830.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've never heard good things about any pressure filters, to be honest, Aquascape included. They just seem prone to failure. We looked at buying one last year to deal with some mechanical filtration on our pond. The reviews I read on the Aquascape unit had many complaints about the lid just blowing off - I'd guess that's the fault of the clamps you're referring to. We ended up buying a box filter instead.

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I've never heard good things about any pressure filters, to be honest, Aquascape included. They just seem prone to failure. We looked at buying one last year to deal with some mechanical filtration on our pond. The reviews I read on the Aquascape unit had many complaints about the lid just blowing off - I'd guess that's the fault of the clamps you're referring to. We ended up buying a box filter instead.
That lid issue was resolved from what I understand.
I use gravity filters on my other 2 ponds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good to hear. They're a good company, but sometimes I think they try to be everything to everybody. I get it, but you don't want to get a bad reputation when you build a few products that don't work.
Hi Lisa. So I used Laguna pressure filters for about 10 years without a problem. One issue I had with them is getting everything to line up properly when you close it so it works properly. It can be hard to close if the gasket isn’t fitting properly. I’m guessing there must be a bad part somewhere. I would think they would send you a new filter if you are having trouble with it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The main issue with pressure filters of any kind is o rings and clamps . these usually sit out in the sun. Or in the winter get shut down and the gaskets allowed to dry crack or stretch and even shrink though in my experience strenthing is far more common. i ordered new cap and o ring for my strainer basket the very day i bought the pump. last thing you need is a gasket for 5 bucks to fail and kill off your koi

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I don’t know if it is simply a problem with pressure filters as others have said, or the company as of lately. I just had an impeller seize in my main ponds pump, said pump was form aquascape.

I will say that if it is a problem with that individual unit, I would simply contact the company, they sent me a new pump mere hours after I submitted a warranty claim.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t know if it is simply a problem with pressure filters as others have said, or the company as of lately. I just had an impeller seize in my main ponds pump, said pump was form aquascape.

I will say that if it is a problem with that individual unit, I would simply contact the company, they sent me a new pump mere hours after I submitted a warranty claim.
you got lucky! Aquascape customer service was horrible for me. They make it very difficult to file a warranty claim.

Ask a Question