My Boys

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thought I would share some photos of my boys. It's been a while since I have posted and our family has grown.

1st - Leodegarious: Pure Bread Chihuahua (named after the Catholic Patron Saint of eye problems) He was born in March 2008. My husband and I were married in April 2008 and bought our house in June 2008. In July 2008, I went to the pet store to get some things for an aquarium I had and came home with little Leo. :) He will be 8 next year.

The day I brought him home, my Siamese cat Alpha Strike F-4 Wildcat got his eye with a claw and took a piece out. The vets saved the eye, but 8 years later he is 100% blind in that eye.

Leo is our 1st Sgt. Leo makes sure everyone is accounted for and no one acts like a fool around the house. He keeps the order.

He is so good that we rarely have to tell him to do anything. He just does what he should do and knows he needs to do it before we can say anything.

Leo is also a long haul trucking dog and loves camping.

This is Leo :)
DSCN6283.JPG IMAG0162.jpg

2nd - Carlos: Corgi Chihuahua Mix (All Corgi traits) My husband and I decided Leo needed a friend so we went to the pound in Dec 2012 and found Carlos. Carlos was born in March 2008 as well, same age as Leo, but was just over 4.5 years old when he came to live with us. He came from the Los Angeles pound when he was 2 in a dog trade with the Salt Lake pound. No history before that. He was adopted out of the Salt Lake pound in 2010 and then found abandoned in a crate on the side of the road again in 2012.

My husband and I like to say Carlos has more issues then Field and Stream. He is a mess and we love him. He is neurotic and a mellow dramatic drama queen. He can't handle change and gets bitey from time to time. He doesn't like leaving the house except for the regular walks up to roll around in the pasture and bark at the cows.

He has a funny sense of humor and acts like a baby. He likes to tease Leo every chance he gets. We describe him as that one friend who shows up your house, drinks all year beer, eats all your food and passes out your couch. But he makes you laugh so still invite him over.

We give Carlos a lot of slack because of his history and he is lucky he came to live with us 3 years ago, because many people wouldn't be as patient as we are.

Carlos is obsessed with me and gets very upset when I leave. He sits at the back door and cries and farts the whole time I am gone. He gets gassy when he is sad.

Luckily my husband is retired and I work from home 90% of the time so he never gets left alone for long.

This is Carlos, the last picture was taken while he was recovering from a trip to the vet due to a gas bubble. We thought he was dieing by the way he was acting and spent a large amount of money trying to find the problem. It turned out to be gas.
DSCN7513.JPG DSCN6272.JPG carlossick.jpg

cont...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Next are the babies as we refer to them. 1.5 years ago my husband and I went for a cup of coffee. The pet store was next to the coffee house, so we thought , let's go in there and check it out first. My husband laid his eyes on #3 below and said, I am not leaving here without him. #4 below was in the kennel with #3 and we were told they were brothers from the same litter. I told my husband fine, we can get him, but not leaving his brother behind. So we ended with 3&4.

I have never see two dogs be so affectionate toward each other. These two don't leave each other side. If they are not sleeping together, they are kissing each other, grooming each other or wrestling with other. It is wonderful to watch the love they have for one another.

They were Born in April 2014

3rd - Nathan Bedford Forest: Chihuahua Bedford is the most perfect looking Chihuahua I have every seen. He is just adorable and as naughty as he is cute. But he just gives you that look and gets away with anything. He and my husband are tight. My husband can't leave the house without taking Bedford or Bedford gets very upset. Bedford is very smart and he looks out for his brother. He really keeps on eye on him and worries. He is a really good brother.

4th - John Wesley Hardin: Chihuahua Wesley is albino and has all the health issues that come with that. He was the one I said could not be left behind. He has several birth defects besides not having any pigment. He is going blind and can easily get skin cancer from the sun so we have to take measures to protect him.

But the thing about Wesley is he has the sweetest heart I have ever seen in a dog. I can't say this enough. The dog has never made a sound in anger or showed any aggression at all ever. I joke that it's just one of his birth defects as no Chihuahua on earth is like this. He loves everyone all the time. Even with his physical problems and Calros who sometimes gets bitey with him, he still stays happy and positive and still loves Carlos. He loves children which is a very rare trait for a Chihuahua.

I like to say that Wesley is a little angel sent down to teach us how to love one another regardless of challenges we have and regardless of the way others treat us. We can learn a lot from little Wesley.

I think Bedford understands his brothers health problems which is why he watches over him so much.

Bedford
DSCN7943.JPG IMAG0809.jpg IMAG0777.jpg IMAG0747.jpg

Wesley
DSCN7946.JPG VIDEO0009_0000116810_1_1.jpg DSCN6264.JPG

And a couple of the babies snuggling
IMAG0859.jpg IMAG0767.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My husband and I don't have kids at home, we have a large fenced yard, with a pond and bamboo forest the babies love to play in. Our world revolves around these boys. :)

Carlos and Bedford (brown dogs) we call Team B, they are the little trouble makers and love to play with each and get into trouble.

Leo and Wesley (pink dogs) are Team A. Leo likes Wesley, they are buddies and they don't get into trouble.

LOL

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are all so precious and it's nice to hear their stories as well :)

I loved my little Chi so much, he was blind for many years before he passed this summer. He was my side kick aka little buddy. I will have another someday.

I thought your avatar was a cow too :rolleyes:

JBailey

Jack of all trades; master of some
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Such cute kids!

I have a cardigan corgi, and he is also a little $h!tbird. Our other dogs are a giant shepweiler and a rotti gal. The boys are getting old, and we're thinking maybe a little chi-cross as a companion for the rott when the time comes. All the ones I've met have been such characters!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Such cute kids!

I have a cardigan corgi, and he is also a little $h!tbird. Our other dogs are a giant shepweiler and a rotti gal. The boys are getting old, and we're thinking maybe a little chi-cross as a companion for the rott when the time comes. All the ones I've met have been such characters!

Everything we have read about Corgi's fits our little Carlos to a T. He has a big dog bark and stubby little legs. When I stand him on his hind legs he looks like a penguin LOL. We call him our fluffy little penguin LOL. He notices any change. Like when I hang flower pots in the spring outside. It takes him a good month to stop barking every time he see's them.

It's like he's yelling "HEY! those weren't here before! what are those doing here!" LOL

My hubby and I knew nothing of Corgi's when we got him. But after having him 3 years we both agree we would get another Corgi in the long term future.

Corgi's are funny dogs.

Ask a Question