My Boys

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Loved your stories on your puppies. Sounds like they are lucky little dogs to have you! I have a little dog I adopted in May. A pom/pappion mix. Lots of issues I'm sure some would not have the patience for. I'm am very tolerant when it comes to animals. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our little John Wesley (albino fella) has had a lot of health issues in his short 1.5 years on earth. When we got him neutered at about 6 months old with his brother he was fine healing until about 6 weeks after when we noticed an abscess near where they stitched him. They used the kind of stitches that dissolve over time. It turned out he was allergic and began having a reaction when they started to dissolve. He had to go in for a second surgery to have the old stitches removed, the area cleaned and special hypoallergenic stitches put in. He healed up fine from that.

Then around Oct 1st of this year he began getting bare spots on his fur. They diagnosed him with mites. They said they are the normal mites that all dogs have but with his weak immune system his body can't keep them in check. So he had several rounds of mite medicine before he was given the cured diagnosis around Dec 1st.

Then a couple of weeks ago I noticed some small little scabs on his cheek. At first I just thought his brother got too rough playing with him but the scabs got worse. We took him in to the vet last Saturday and he was diagnosed with a bacterial infection under his skin. Again because of his weak immune system. He is now on antibiotics for that and special wipes to clean the scabbed area.

Poor little guy has become a regular at the vet. Luckily he loves them and they love him. But I am concerned his time here on earth may be shortened due to his weak immune system.

He is a special little guy.

I did some research and after consulting the vet, have started him on daily doses of pro-biotics and Echinacea hoping that will help his little immune system become a little stronger. Poor little guy can use all the help he can get.

Here are a couple pictures I just took of him snuggling with his brother.
DSCN9030.JPG
DSCN9031.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question