my chicks and my little girl

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My daughter just loves our chicks. So much that I cant even do anything with out her wanting to help me and wanting to hold them. This is a good thing. I was raised around animals and I think it is important for her as well. Does anyone else have back yard animals other than fish?

Attachments

• DSCN0653.JPG
    DSCN0653.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 255

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought about chickens but not with my neighbors dogs around .I just like the noise they make and love to watch them peck and scratch

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah those are two cute chicks! Just have my fish, cats and the wild things that roam the property.

Reaction score
Awww. Adorable!! I use dot have chickens when my older kids were young. They loved to hold them too. But that newness will fade when the babies can run and peck :) I just involved them in the daily chores around the coop, feeding, changing their water and collecting eggs daily. Shell get the hang of it! :) Be careful though with the young one and the cleaning or even sitting or playing inside the barn where the chickens roost ( insidently, If I were you I'd where a mask when your were cleaning up there poop bedding), chicken poop/ all bird poop really grow some Really bad bacteria and things on them. Young ones should stay away when you are cleaning out their pins. I also have a Pot Belly Pig named Tolbert :) He is a spoiled rotten pigert! Lol so much so I have to cover him with his blanky or hell wake me up whining! :LOL:

Reaction score
When my kids were young we had horses, goats, chickens, ducks, turkeys,and rabbits. Both of my kids had daily chores they had to do and I believe that helped make them the responsible adults that they have become.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Been building and getting the pin ready. Wish i had a pot belly pig. ugly things but yet they look like they are cool to have. WE also have Rabbits as well that we breed to eat and sell. I just have to be careful so sis doesnt know what happens to the babies after they grow up. She cant handle the kill them to eat em yet.

Reaction score
Know how that goes. We butchered our rabbits too. I had a hard time eating them because they became pets. Husband and kids didn't have a problem eating them until my son was out there helping hubby when he was butchering some of them. After my husband hit the first one my son grab the club and ran. That was the last time we butchered rabbits.

Ask a Question