My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks JW. It has been really interesting. At one time a few years back I was worried about all the large insects. The largest bug I have seen is the dung beatle and it performs the important task of rolling the elephant dung down the road toward their nest and getting it out of the way. You really get to see how everything in the animal kingdom helps each other. If you take one thing out something suffers down the line. Re: Scary.... I didnt give it much thought at the time but we parked the 4 wheel drive next to a picnic area that our guide knew had a sleeping lion nearby. My wife started walking away to see something and the guide yelled at her to come back right away. I guess none of us realized how dangerous it was to be there at the time.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my gosh! She could have walked right out into the lion. You are really getting to see a grand show there of all kinds of creatures. Imagine living there and having to deal w/being so careful on every step you take, every move you make, they'll be watching you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave sorry to hear about your crash too. I have gone canoeing in Quebec province and it was pretty challenging to do it in fast waters with a lot of large rocks. Also had to learn it in French which I barely know any words :) I'm still in Africa. We went great white shark watching and I took some nice pictures. I also saw a leopard eating it's kill in a tree and a bunch of other interesting things.I'll post some pictures when I get back. Right now we are in Cape Town. It's a really nice city and I could see living here. The only negative is all the shanty towns. It's sad to see people living that way.
My only white water canoeing was done on the river spay in Scotland and that was most demanding but exiting too :happy:
Keith that is so cool cant wait to see them all especially the great whites.
In my travels around the world I've seen many a shanty town its the sad reality for alott of people , but there are good honest people living in them its only a few who get them bad names

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I left almost all my clothes in Africa, they were so valuable to the people, esp ones with made in usa on the label. Traded for some neat drawings made with melted wax, some carvings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Wow just catchin up on some threads. Sounds like an exciting trip to be sure. Looking forward to seeing some pics also.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
i'm back now. The trip was really fantastic. This is a birthday trip my wife will remember for a long time. Also my daughter turned 21 while we were there. None of us got eaten by lions thank god or fell down a waterfall. I can post some pics. We got amazing up close pics to a lot of animals and I were able to learn a lot at the same time. Not sure if I should post just pond related stuff like flowers, birds, and insects or if people want to see my big cat pictures, elephants charging us, and rhinos etc.

Ask a Question