addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our house is around 4 miles from the ocean, even there the metal is affected by the salts. Now the window frames are from the 70's still intact but you can see the pitting in them. We just replaced all the windows for high impact hurricane windows.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yup, we are ready to leave cold dreary winters too, but where is the best place to go and affordable..... Maybe to the Cayman Islands where Priscilla is?

Inland florida is not expensive, but sticky hot humid buggy without the ocean breeze.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No hot humid buggy for me........................I'll take ocean breezes any day!
Salt is a killer anywhere near the ocean on anything metal. Salt on the roads is a killer too. When we lived in Michigan lots of cars were rotted underneath.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You bring up a good point, JW. Used to think that if you found a used car from FL or CA, they were without rust, because no salt on roads due to no snow. Never considered they may have been exposed to far more salt in the air!
Nice and sunny all day today. Loving it!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get a used car from Phoenix, they last forever. Low humidity, no snow, just a dust storm now and then. They ship used cars out of that state by the truck load.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well it's pretty hot here. Been in the 40's the last few days. I saw my fish swimming around today and they were pretty active. That was fun to see
Last year I didn't see them for about 5 months starting in mid November.

Ask a Question