My little garden pond project from start-almost finsih...(many pics inc)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I was cleaning up some of the last leaves out of my pond the other day and i pulled a a frog that was sleeping , i just tossed him back in

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have water the frogs will come. We ended up with one in each big and little ponds. They like to have a pond per frog, no sharing! lol

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have never had a normal big frog that hangs around and can be seen, mine all seem to be stealth models. I suppose I could nose aroung in our canyons and find one. There are plenty there a few weeks after a good rain before the ponds dry up.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i bought 3 frogs in 2008 for my pond..rarely see them, i dont know if one i bought just far out grew the others but this fall after moving the fish inside i found one that would spill over the sides of a desert plate. him and 2 others kept making their way into my empty filter. the last time i put them back in the pond they were in 2" of water in the filter with a layer of ice locking them in place...as far as i know theyre still in the pond now,as the water was so cold they could barely move. as far as seeing them thru the season i only see ripples in the water and hear the splash of them jumping in. and the occasional head poking out under the watefall, or border rocks.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My guys like to be seen. I see them every time I walk near the ponds. Green maryland frogs.

Reaction score
being as my pond is 3foot above a patio garden can i keep the frogs in the pond perminently like have a floating little house ,my concern is that if a frog jumps out of the pond its never going to jump a metre back in inncidently making it dinner for my dog haha

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i made the mistake of trying to winter my frogs in the basement pond...they were out within hours...put them back ...out even quicker, after a few times i just tossed them back in the outdoor pond. man, the'yre hard to find in a basement thats mostly utilized as storage

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
i made the mistake of trying to winter my frogs in the basement pond...they were out within hours...put them back ...out even quicker, after a few times i just tossed them back in the outdoor pond. man, the'yre hard to find in a basement thats mostly utilized as storage

Laughing.........you should have tied little bells around their necks!

Reaction score
The temp has hit 7edegrees today so the snow is melting and the pond is finally thowing! loking forward to seeing the fish again hopefully all alive

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:

HAHAHA! Oh.... my... what a picture I have in my mind of your frogs bouncing around the basement! LOL! Great post. Thanks! :)

Ask a Question