My off topic rant for the day :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I fully agree with you... it should be on a case by case basis. If a child is being disruptive, tell the parent to leave. John

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
and in my mind, its nobody elses business.

Okay.. it is somebodies business, the owners!... But haven't we worked hard in this country to get rights for all sorts of races, religions, and genders? And now to say one kid is disruptive, so no kids can come in? That would be discrimination against kids now!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yikes, I don't like the idea ididn'tdoit..........seems like discrimination to me. What's next, old people, fat people (already working on this one) tall people and on and on it goes. We need to have common sense and take these cases one by one. If a child or adult is acting up and causing a ruckus then you take measures. That's what the managers in the stores and the theater bouncers or whatever you call them are for. I brought my cat into a grocery store once in a cat crate cuz it was hot outside in the car and I was bringing her home from the vets. Had to run in and get some broccoli on sale really quick (last day of sale ya know, lol). The cat start hollering and the manager came over and said "Get that cat outta this store!" See so if it can be done w/ cats it can be done w/ others. I did get my broccoli tho cuz some teen girls said they would watch my cat outside the store for me, ha, ha!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yikes, I don't like the idea ididn'tdoit..........seems like discrimination to me. What's next, old people, fat people (already working on this one) tall people and on and on it goes. We need to have common sense and take these cases one by one. If a child or adult is acting up and causing a ruckus then you take measures. That's what the managers in the stores and the theater bouncers or whatever you call them are for. I brought my cat into a grocery store once in a cat crate cuz it was hot outside in the car and I was bringing her home from the vets. Had to run in and get some broccoli on sale really quick (last day of sale ya know, lol). The cat start hollering and the manager came over and said "Get that cat outta this store!" See so if it can be done w/ cats it can be done w/ others. I did get my broccoli tho cuz some teen girls said they would watch my cat outside the store for me, ha, ha!

Thats makes sense... its a sanitary issue, but then they could say the same thing if I walked into a store after working all day, sweaty, dirty. Now we've just found a reason to discriminate against people with poor hygeine, lol.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty soon we won't be able to leave our homes..............have to have everything delivered, only watch stuff on t.v and talk to people on the phone or by video. Not allowed to have pets............too dangerous and disease ridden or animal rights win that issue about no pets and on and on it goes.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Oh my mind is running away from me now.... can you imagine walking through the grocery store and having to pass a little gas? There"s armed guards in black all over the place making sure no dirt comes into the store.

"Johnson, we gotta bogey in isle 2, looks like he's about to cropdust the entire cereal area"
"got him sir, I'm not sure we can get him out of the area in time"

I pass gas and am immediatley talcked by three guys "I was just looking at the fruit loops"
"we gotta take you outta here and decontaminate the area, the owners dont allow any dirt or germs in the store on fridays, come back on saturday"

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my sons are grown but they were always well behave no matter where we went and thats because they got love ,not things in place of love and attention .Money buys things love is free .I never hit my children never had too and my parents never hit us .I always made time for my children and still do to this day and the one is 36 now and the other will be 25 on July 28th.They still come to mom with everything and believe me they are not mommas boys .They just know I love them and know I'm there for them 100% percent and if they are wrong they are told they are wrong .Good boys turn into good responsible men and good girls turn into smart independent women with goals

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hahabroad.gif
now that's crazy ididntdoit
SmileyLMAO.gif

Reaction score
in the uk a backhander is a full swing slap using the back of the hand, a more painfull version of a slap, as to the question you are asking i can understand in the cases of restraunts especially after a certain time of day no children allowed, but not in a grocery store or super market especially considering the cases of single parent families who dont have any child care and have no option but to take their child with them, they also need to buy groceries and essentialls,
jw here in uk it is also illegal to smack your child but i agree with that under child protection laws, ( yes as ive said we will smack ethan when needed) but i would be a lot of work and regulation for the government to inforce laws to prohibit excessive smacking, so much easier to just make it completely illegal !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still as I said before just glad mine are grown. Now I just have to worry about getting too fat or stinky
uglylaughingwoman.gif

Ask a Question