my walmart koi is still here after 2 days

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
hey u all my walmart fish is still around after the 2 days its a recond for any new fish i get besides my walmart shubbie lol so i may be well on my way to full koi thing lol what do u all think?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think that picture makes it like it look like your fish is living in outer space,lol! So did you say you were gonna make a pond or just leave them in the tank? That koi is gonna get big!

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
we are going to build a pond hopefully next spring and yeah i know it makes he look like he is in outer space lol i like it

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
i take a pic of it at the end of the month as well let u all know i still have it alive lol ok or i will let u know if it dies but if i lose this one i will not give up on koi raising i wll keep trying ok wish mew luck i will keep u all inform ok thanks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well it won't be long before he is a big tubbo and will need outta that box before he splits a seam if you feed him too often!
blowfish3.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's good cuz they prolly don't get much food from the store. He/she is loving you for it!

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
thats is how i got my shubunkin to trust me to the point iam able to drop a flake in his mouth or just let him take it out of my hands lol its time to feed again lol lucky for the fish iam online right next to the tank so i can turn around and drop food in the tank ;lol pretty cool huh

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
ok now i need to know something why is my koi acting like he is not breathing right he opens his mouth wide as if say i need more air ? could i be damaged gills or something iam not know what to do about it well my little koi fish just passed away iam sad what a shame iam not sure what of caused i just went to the store got back and it was already gone dang it better luck next time i think iam going to wait until spring to get a new one

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you ever do a water test? They need a lot of water changes, the ammonia may have gotten to high for the fish. Koi poop a lot, make a ton of waste.

sorry your fish died, make sure you test the water if you get another fish.

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
he was not a real good swimmer when i got him he just got pushed around by the water fall and had one heck of a time getting out of the bubbles curtains and he just got pushed around by the bigger fish but he would sit on the bottem and still eat what ever fell to the bottem of the tank after he passed away i did a water changed and put my other fish in a smller tank until tomorrow when he gets back in his tank i always have a back up tank full of water and always running just for times like this u all know i don't have a test kit yet but the next one i will get will be next spring so i have all winter to read up on them thanks u all

Ask a Question