Need a LOT of advice! Algae, sludge and a messed up waterfall!

Reaction score
I don't know what gph the pump in the skimmer is, but that volume can be added to the total volume of water being circulation through the pond. However, I'm guessing you would still be far short of the 3,600 gph it would be advisable for you to circulate in a 1,800 gal pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I think I would be back at the pond shop asking for a refund on my purchase. This is such a peeve of mine - if you're going to run a business, educate your employees. Otherwise teach them to say "I haven't got a clue!" Ugh.
Agreed!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
8-10......they seem to have multiplied. Most are small. Some animal knocked the plants over and snatched our larger ones last year!

8-10 in a 1800 gallon pond yet it has algae... Mmm something seems off unless you got zero plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
8-10 in a 1800 gallon pond yet it has algae... Mmm something seems off unless you got zero plants.

Planted 2 water lilies last year and they are growing back this year. They didn't get very big though. Not much surface coverage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could always use 2 pumps .I hear a lot from ponders here But the guy said this would work ,sad to say but oh so true :(

Reaction score
I would build a simple skippy filter and put this stuff in the bottom to trap the dirt.

http://smile.amazon.com/Puro-Kleen-...ilter media&qid=1461415206&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

For the bio media I would use cheap plastic snow fence. For the water falls I would rebuild it and make a simple pvc splash way and get rid of the barrel. You should be able to get away with it for around $100 or so.
If you still have algae problems a uv light would solve it.

Ask a Question