just need help to clarify something PLEASE

Rich17

Hi all
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i got a phone call 2 days ago of my dad regarding his pond so i rushed round and when i got there he was removeing dead koi 6 in total and 9 hardly moving and struggling so i tested the water and all results were spot on but water had gone black and cloudy over night the filter was still running but looked like it had slowed down and the air stone had come apart from airstone but pipe still in water i come to the result of lack of oxygen but i would just like a bit of clarification the koi that was only just alive are now fine as i rushed them to my pond and checked them every so often 5 swam properly within 3 hours and 4 took a day and half approx to they was right but they are all happy and fine now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hi Rich,
I'm not clear what you are looking for clarification on.

Please post the numerical water test results and the specifications of the pond that the koi were removed from.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The only things that I can think of that would cause pond water to appear black would be the infusion of garden topsoil or component failure of something like a water pump.

Rich17

Hi all
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would of got water results if my dad dident empty it while i was at work the only thing i wanted clarification on was would lack of oxygen cause him to loose fish

Rich17

Hi all
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i got a phone call 2 days ago of my dad regarding his pond so i rushed round and when i got there he was removeing dead koi 6 in total and 9 hardly moving and struggling so i tested the water and all results were spot on but water had gone black and cloudy over night the filter was still running but looked like it had slowed down and the air stone had come apart from airstone but pipe still in water i come to the result of lack of oxygen but i would just like a bit of clarification the koi that was only just alive are now fine as i rushed them to my pond and checked them every so often 5 swam properly within 3 hours and 4 took a day and half approx to they was right but they are all happy and fine now
Hi all sorry for not being on in a while but I have an update for you about the fish I saved from now my late farthers pond are all still going and very healthy and happy

Ask a Question