Need a new pressurised filter

Reaction score
I'm helping out a family member with their pond.

The pond itself is under 7000 ltr and has some koi in it. Unfortunately, the UV part of the filter and been damaged and is no longer working.
We're hoping to replace the filter and keep using the 8000lph pump they already have. It's an Eco EFP8000

I think the old filter was a BIO Force 12000 UVC.

Can anyone recommend another pressurised filter for the job?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Read about bog filters on this site. It would be a small amount of work up front, less costly and a far superior form of filtration. You would not need a UV clarifier either. There would be virtually no maintenance. No rinsing filter pads or backwashing necessary.
I wish I had known about bog filters when I built my pond. I wouldn't have wasted money on pressure filters, UV lights, etc.
I have two pressure filters, one UV light and my 1500+ gallon pond is not clear.
Next Spring I will be adding a bog filter and getting rid of the pressure filters and UV light.
No more decreasing water flow and rinsing of filter pads.

Reaction score
Country
United States
DEL 707, I've been choosing from two different filter, XtremepowerUS koi pressure boi filter and one from TetraPond. I've got thee first one, cause it has advanced UV light system and can filter up to more than 8000 liters per hour. It works perfectly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While i will agree heading toward a bog is a step in the right direction i would NOT say it is no maintenance!!!!! You still need to keep organics from decaying in your pond. "Netting leaves and cutting out dead plants... A heck of a lot less work then back washing bead filters

Reaction score
Country
United States
While i will agree heading toward a bog is a step in the right direction i would NOT say it is no maintenance!!!!! You still need to keep organics from decaying in your pond. "Netting leaves and cutting out dead plants... A heck of a lot less work then back washing bead filters
Yet thats what a natural pond has, I never remove any plant matter from mine including not trimming the dead leaves from water lillys. My water is very clear with no filter. Its 7 feet deep and you can see very well. I also have several logs and big branches under the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds nice id love to see it do you have some posted somewhere

Ask a Question