Need advice, Easy plant for newbie

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A little more information about how big of a plant you want and where you want to plant it will help - how much light, marginal, floating or deep water.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
A little more information about how big of a plant you want and where you want to plant it will help - how much light, marginal, floating or deep water.
Pond is 4 feet deep, some plant that require little maintenance. Pond has full sun in the afternoon

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Do you have any planting shelves? I really like my blue flag iris. Here is a picture of it on the left. Forget-me-nots are on the right.

plants 2020-6-3 iris blue flag, forget-me-not.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Iris, water willow, lilies most water plants are easy to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Depends on where you live. I would research native marginal and aquatic plants. You will have the best luck with those first. Then once you get more comfortable with the needs of the plants start adding in non-natives with different needs.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like Parrots Feather. It travels around the top of the water and always comes back in my pond after winter. Not much to do to take care of it either unless you get a lot in there and then just take a bunch out and give to your friends. This bunch grew in a pretty neat circle.

IMG_9774.JPG

Another bunch of a different kind grew here and there trailing wherever it wanted to go!

IMG_7591.JPG

Ask a Question