Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Reaction score
Amazing video, that was cute and cool! Enjoyed that a lot. The froggy actually looked like he was dancing to the music for a bit there. I also think that's the first time I've seen the pond with all the plants and water going. I've watched the build video and watched the thread while you were building. But I don't think I have seen one since shortly after you got the pond up and running. Looks great! I think it's about time to show off your pond and the views again for the new members. For those that have never seen Mucky's build video and the first snow it's a must watch. Lot of thought and effort went into that pond and it shows! :highfive: :beerchug:
Thanks very much Larkin, although I have posted a couple threads that have updated videos with the plants and pond critters, there's this one, and this one. I guess you've just been too busy with your own project to keep up with the threads. LOL
But actually now that you got me thinking about it, this is the first video I've posted where I can say that the pond is complete. I finally finshed the rock work at the top of the waterfall, and I finally got around to tiling the ledge separating the pond and the courtyard. Not saying I won't make any changes down the road, but at this point in time I have nothing on the "to do" list, so I guess that means I'm done.... Yaaaaaa!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks very much Larkin, although I have posted a couple threads that have updated videos with the plants and pond critters, there's this one, and this one. I guess you've just been too busy with your own project to keep up with the threads. LOL
But actually now that you got me thinking about it, this is the first video I've posted where I can say that the pond is complete. I finally finshed the rock work at the top of the waterfall, and I finally got around to tiling the ledge separating the pond and the courtyard. Not saying I won't make any changes down the road, but at this point in time I have nothing on the "to do" list, so I guess that means I'm done.... Yaaaaaa!

lol yeah we all say that, then you see something............and go humm maybe I will tweak this or that lol

I was "done" until we added the preforms........

Your pond and set up are beautiful, great job!

Reaction score
lol yeah we all say that, then you see something............and go humm maybe I will tweak this or that lol
I was "done" until we added the preforms........
Your pond and set up are beautiful, great job!
Thanks Addy, as I say I have nothing (as far as the pond is concerned) on my to do list. Besides, I don't have any way of adding anything to the pond, I just don't have anymore room, so unless I have a serious leak or something major go wrong with the structure I won't ever be making any changes to the pond, however I already see changes I'd like to make to the foliage in and out of the water. But right now I'm feeling pretty good about what I accomplished with the plants in 4 months, and franky, I'm also feeling a little tired of working on it and just need to sit and enjoy it for a while.
Is your pond every different, at first look I thought It was a miniature pond with a little door and windows, turned out very nice I must say, is that wall a fence? just love your pet frog video!
Thanks Colleen. I guess by some standards it is minature (only about 2000 gal), but for the area I have it in it's plenty.
The wall you see is the outside courtyard wall that the pond is built within. Here is a picture from above that better shows the outline of the courtyard.
gallery_3859_189_72544.jpg

The courtyard is an extention of our livingroom, with a roof area extending right to the pond, so even when it's raining out we can still sit out there and enjoy the pond with a cup of coffee. (often my favorite time to sit out there).
Here is a link to the build video Larkin alluded to. Boy! are we glad that part is over :claphands: , my boys especially.

Thanks for watching

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yep sit and enjoy, one thing I have been doing more and more. Take a coffee, tea, drink, wine what ever pleases you and enjoy.

Just the weeds that grew like weeds while we gone kept me busy, caught up with them now.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Its really REALLY very NiCe! I still think of a miniature doll house and garden when I see the pictures. Looks like a nice place to sit my old Barbies!! Maybe cause of the open top, makes me think of my old doll house, reach in from the top and play with the house!! looks like you did a lot of work to get it so nice! :)

Reaction score
Thats really cool! The frogs in our pond have gotten so used to us that they come to the side of the shore and stare at us. It's really funny. Maybe I'll try to hand feed them sometime.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never saw it from that point and love the look and that door ,well wow .You have thought of everything that is a true inside outside room

Ask a Question