addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The battery should be here today. I tried to use a tablet, but these hands just don't do the movements well. Need my keyboard and touch screen. If I get this one running again well, I can always buy a new one and use this one when I need my word programs etc. I still use my 8 year old lenovo, it has some programs on it that work which I need off and on. Refuse to pay for them again.

Good luck! We need you on a working computer @addy1 !
Aww thanks @Lisak1

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow 20 minutes, one new battery, 54 bucks, a whole bunch of tiny screws, a bit of cleaning and I have a new lappy! The touch pad works now, it was a sruggle to do a left or right click, been that way for a few months, but I am slow to dump things. Finally got to where it was really not working without finding the sweet spot so I started researching what the heck. Which led me to the swollen battery issue.

It is even working faster and cleaner, like brand new, I had noticed a heat issue recently. Bet it was causing issues with performance.

Yeah saved a bunch of bucks not needing to buy new!

Here is the battery..............right side is the old
20191010_150704.jpg
20191010_150722.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, you can really see that the old battery was swollen ! Good job on saving $ and getting it to work !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am impressed at how much the bad battery was affecting the performance of the lappy. It is really responsive now and flying through pages like a new never used lappy.

The fattest end was pushing up the touch pad, making it very non responsive.

Ask a Question