addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, you Need a groundhogs to help you clear your bog! I'm surprised the critters don't mow it down.
The deer walk in there and munch, the ground hogs munch on everything else. My day lilies are trying to bloom, but the deer eat up the buds. They also like the water lily leaves.

I need a critter that attacks poison ivy, vines weeds...........................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would be a GOAT! They love weeds and poison ivy. :)
Heck I don't know of anything a goat wont eat including my aunts printed flower dress she was wearing when we went to the zoo. she had no idea it was happening until we kids started lol. Yes it was many year ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Heck I don't know of anything a goat wont eat

I am so intrigued by the new-found love people have for goats - I mean, have you heard of goat yoga? I have no idea what that really means, but I imagine people doing yoga with goats wandering around I guess. Everyone is all "oh goats are so CUUUUUTE!" All I can think of is my great-uncle and his goats that TERRORIZED us when we were kids. Like you said, they would literally eat the clothes you were wearing, the toy you were holding, the shoes off your feet, the fence that was holding them in - those beasts would try to eat anything! And what smells worse than a billy goat? NOTHING is what!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I mean, have you heard of goat yoga?
Yep we had the "pleasure" of watching goat yoga. We went out to a farm, they asked us to sell honey at their customer appreciation day.
The goats are supposed to interact with the yoga doers. These goats sort of ignored them.

They usually interact with the yoga peeps per the farmer. We did watch a few wipe poo off their feet.
20190601_134859.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yep we had the "pleasure" of watching goat yoga.

Ha! All I can imagine is watching my back the entire time, waiting for one of them to start munching on my yoga pants! Goat yoga. What a concept. You should start honey bee cardio on your property. Everyone starts near the hives and then you stir up the bees and watch them all run for the hills! haha!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am so intrigued by the new-found love people have for goats - I mean, have you heard of goat yoga? I have no idea what that really means, but I imagine people doing yoga with goats wandering around I guess. Everyone is all "oh goats are so CUUUUUTE!" All I can think of is my great-uncle and his goats that TERRORIZED us when we were kids. Like you said, they would literally eat the clothes you were wearing, the toy you were holding, the shoes off your feet, the fence that was holding them in - those beasts would try to eat anything! And what smells worse than a billy goat? NOTHING is what!
O M F G GOATS AND YOGA This country has lost it's frikin mind. < PICTURING THE AUNTS FLOWERED PRINT ON SOME TIGHT LEGGINGS AS THEY ARE BENT OVER AND TWISTED IN SOME BIZZARE WAY.(SPEEKING AS SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FLEXABLE AT ALL) AND SEE THEIR EYES OPEN WIDE UP AS THE GOAT COMES IN FOR A BITE

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I steped on a yellow jacket hive in my teens and nope running was pointless !!! jumping in the lake did little either as the ones that were already on me kept stinging even underwater for a few minutes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We did watch a few wipe poo off their feet
sounds a lot like the rodeo I went to in texas a few years back as I wanted to get some cool bucking bronco shots with my camera gear. when the next thing I know they asked us all to go to one side of the stadium and the next thing I knew a CHURCH Mass broke out as the preacher walked up and down in the coral in and through the horse and bull dung. I would have loved to have seen a pic of my self as that started. it would have been about the same as if I had gone to a farm with friends and they said we were going to do GOAT YOGA.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Agreed! It's a fast grower but not invasive in the sense that it's hard to get rid of. You can see mine to at the wall to the left of the irises in this picture. One plant:

View attachment 121846
That water celery looks nice there, you got it confined to a corner.

Here is a shot of my pond currently, water celery is kind of controlled chaos. Also pickerel Rush has grown to the limits of its planting bed. Water celery is to the left and right of it only thing keeping water celery out of the bog is the water forget me not, which grows just as fast.
E257723A-B286-4C0E-892C-6C5240010A6C.jpeg

No comment on the goat yoga that has derailed this thread.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

Here is a shot of my pond currently, water celery is kind of controlled chaos. Also pickerel Rush has grown to the limits of its planting bed. Water celery is to the left and right of it only thing keeping water celery out of the bog is the water forget me not, which grows just as fast.View attachment 121939

Your plants are really, really happy!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Here is a shot of my pond currently, water celery is kind of controlled chaos. Also pickerel Rush has grown to the limits of its planting bed. Water celery is to the left and right of it only thing keeping water celery out of the bog is the water forget me not, which grows just as fast.View attachment 121939

your set up looks very nice nice and healthy for sure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

How long does the aquascape net last out in the elements? you did a nice job @Jhn putting it up what did you use to support it all

Ask a Question