New to pond fish

Reaction score
I'm going to say that the information that will be presented is contradictory, but hello my name is Bryan I have been a proud pond hobbyist for about 3 years. In thise three years I have had an assortment of goldfish, koi, and feeders. Recently in the past 3 months I have upgrade from my small 80 gallon pond to a larger prominent 300 gallon pond. As a pond goer I often run into problems that books and articles simply cannot solve. So as I type this I have a few questions to ask any experienced pond hobbyist. My question is what kinds of fish can co-exsist with mollies and swordtails. In my smaller pond I have goldfish and feeders, but don't intend to introduce other types of fish. As for my 300 gallon I primarily have feeeders, but I do have 2 dojos that help eat my tank's thick alage.

Any information on my question is appreciated!

-Phlanthropist

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
I think mollies are too busy paying attention to each other to bother other species of fish.

Reaction score
migsly said:
I think mollies are too busy paying attention to each other to bother other species of fish.

i think its the other way around...what fish wont have time to bother with the mollies instead of thinking of them as an easy meal

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
I was just going by my mollies. They chase each other and play and ignore the other fish.

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
Well, they look like they are playing to me. One would hide behind a rock and wait for another one to swim by and then ambush him and the chase is on.

They swim in single file like a link of sausages or a train and go in and out of caves.

When they are breeding, they rub up against each other and it's obvious what they are doing.:icon_mrgreen:

Ask a Question