sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I planted my lily to put it in my pond and even with rocks on top of it the koi got it out and made a mess .I tried bare root but it was not growing at all so I planted it again and put it in the lotus pond .

Reaction score
I planted my lily to put it in my pond and even with rocks on top of it the koi got it out and made a mess .I tried bare root but it was not growing at all so I planted it again and put it in the lotus pond .
so far I don't think I will have any fish, so that should be a problem for me...I hope

Reaction score
Hi guys, here are some pictures I took today when I stopped by the new place
sorry if hard to see due to the sun
so the pictures shows the whole thing, the end(small pond I mentioned), and the filter
I forgot to bring a ruler to measure it today, so didn't get the measurement
but I would say the depth of the pond end is, the deepest point is about 2-3 feet~
I know this is super tiny compare to most ponds on here :cry:

This is what the whole thing look like
20140517_104105.jpg

This is the end
20140517_104122.jpg

This is the pump/filter?
20140517_104211.jpg

20140517_104220.jpg

the reflection kind of making it hard to see the bottom
20140517_104251.jpg

Additional question, according to the picture
the amount of algae in the pond at the moment
any tip how to clean it?
should I just at the plants/fish in there or should I clean it first?

thanks for reading

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks very nice, the algae I am seeing looks like the good carpet algae, leave it be, helps keep the water nice

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
when ever you don't have a ruler for something like that step it off with your foot and count your footsteps and when you get home mark a starting point and do those same steps and then measure between you start and stop points .At least it gives you an idea .I actually carry a measuring tape in both of my vehicles and i have those key chain ones on each key chain .I am never with out one .Same for razor knife ,1 in each vehicle .Looking at your block wall looks like stream is about 6 ft long or could be 7 ft to waterfall .Block are usually 16 inches long , but some can be 12 inches long .i can see it goes up at the top .

Reaction score
when ever you don't have a ruler for something like that step it off with your foot and count your footsteps and when you get home mark a starting point and do those same steps and then measure between you start and stop points .At least it gives you an idea .I actually carry a measuring tape in both of my vehicles and i have those key chain ones on each key chain .I am never with out one .Same for razor knife ,1 in each vehicle .Looking at your block wall looks like stream is about 6 ft long or could be 7 ft to waterfall .Block are usually 16 inches long , but some can be 12 inches long .i can see it goes up at the top .
Yea sissy, I should have done that. I was going to measure the side by steps but I was there mostly for the home inspection that day, so maybe next time :S

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been out of town for almost a month for relative's wedding.
As I came back to the house, I noticed that the water level of the pond had raised for a few inch.
It must have happened recently since I can tell from the line of algae on the rock
Can anyone suggest me what might be the problem since it's my first pond, and I am sure something must be wrong when water level increased at 100+ degrees outsideo_O

Ask a Question