sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow those are some great looking ponds .I really like the one with the stone walls with cement and the one with the waterfall and stacked stone .You design these as there are some great ideas you should have posted this before .These would have given people some great ideas

Reaction score
I did these ponds years ago, before this forum was around. But I'll post my next pond whenever that project starts.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did these ponds years ago, before this forum was around. But I'll post my next pond whenever that project starts.
oh so that means you are in thinking mode.I really like the converted swimming pool ,so may people after there children grow up the pools get used less and less .I saw a lot of pools that got abandon back in NJ as running the pool equipment and all the uo keep became to much for most ,add the high homeowners insurance on them .I never understood up there you could have a pond and it had no effect on your insurance but a pool added almost a thousand dollars or more to it .You can drown in a pond too ,but guess since there are no swimmers that changes it .

Reaction score
Sissy, yes, I'm looking for ideas. Right now I'm considering a permaculture angle, like being able to raise freshwater shrimp, tilapia catfish in addition to pet goldfish. And I'm thinking of a pond setup to maximize goldfish size like they do with Koi. But who knows.

My homeowner's insurance didn't seem to have any additional cost for a pool or pond. Maybe a few dollars, but my total cost was never close to $1,000. Maybe it depends on the insurance company? Most city governments considered a pond and pool to be exactly the same thing code wise.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
In NJ all insurance is expensive no matter what kind .You also have to pay more taxes to the county or township you live in and I know prudential insurance had to send an inspector every 2 years to take a pic of the pool .You had to have a 6 foot fence around it also with a gate that had an alarm and self closure on it .I know that some insurance companies gave you a break if you had an in pool water alarm that could be heard in the house

Ask a Question