sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow nice job and love you used the old bridge and now a dock also .Great job and sure there will be additions and things you think of or see you can do to your pond .That means you are really addicted . :razz: A pond never ends you say finished but it never is ,NEVER . :LOL: :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks. This is my 3rd pond. First one with a liner and a skimmer. I hope that I do everything right for winter this year. It doesnt get brutally cold here but it has frozen my old pond 3-4" one winter. I hope with this one being bigger and with more water circulation that I wont have any problems. I have always run my pump thru winter but I wonder if I should get a bubbler and use it instead. Just in case my lines freeze.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just put my pump in my pond on a raised plat form and use a pvc pipe I drilled holes in

I did a pump in a planter with lava rock in the planter also and just placed it in the pond.This was the one in the bucket with holes drilled in the bucket all around it .and filled with lava rock .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks it keeps getting a little bigger each time I do something.

Attachments

• pond 2012 004.JPG
    pond 2012 004.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 119

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
As long as you don't get to cold a cheap and easy way to aerate the pond and keep water moving .I did buy a heater after the 2010 winter .But used my bubbler all winter and also used my other pump in a bucket of lava rock just to keep water moving on both sides of the pond .That is the side of the house that does not get a lot of sun in the winter and to much sun in the summer .We get cold weather but only lasts a couple of days but then again I hate cold so anything below 40 degrees is cold to me . :cold:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just get a pvc pipe that the hose will fit inside and just push it down in it and it is hard pushing it in even better .I changed to a bigger hose this year and will probably use a metal clamp to clamp it on .I will be using a sump pump hose and bigger pvc pipe and you also need a end cap for the other end .It does have to stand up on end to work good and I start with drilling small holes and the towards the bottom of the pvc pipe I drill bigger ones .It is easier as you drill the holes to check it to see how many holes you will need to drill and you do not want to drill to few as that will burn out a pump fast .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
001.JPG051.JPG2013-04-14 004.jpgIm finally back. Winter has come and gone. Fish made it,very mild winter here. 9 baby fish in little pond growing like crazy. I did more landscaping around the pond and my oldest son tells me that he is getting married and they want to have the ceremony beside the pond, under the pergola. Ha!! I didn't even have the steps started to go up to it. I had to work all of March and some of April to get the steps done. I couldn't have done it without my husbands help. They got married on April 20. I was so glad that the weather was good for them. I also told them that I didn't build the pergola with weddings in mind! lol Anyway here is an updated picture of the pergola decorated.

Ask a Question