Reaction score
Hi all as promised some pics of the pond . The water is a bit pea soup at the minute had some problems with the filter,but all back working now s yo can see my fish are only small and noticed this morning that one of the multi coloured koi as like a few spots(the one in the pic) I looked up koi diseases and they look like carp pox! Which they say only appear when the water is cold,however where in the height of summer! Does anyone know if the koi can get this problem in summer?. Non of the other koi have any signs. Any advice would be appreciated .thank you for the welcome Aaron s and your right I want to up grade my filter to a nexus 220 just doing a bit of research at the moment as they are quite expensive(£1200) and I would like to but a bottom drain in also read that they benefit the koi. Look forward to hearing all your helpful tips and advice on how I could improve my pond. Thank you all in advance ;))

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how do you have those 2 round rocks balance or are they cement .Your pond is fantastic but why not build your own filter cheaper and works better .

Reaction score
Thanks sissy. No the rocks aren't cemented in there really heavy so are not going any where. When the sun goes down il get a better pic. I'm not that clued up on doing my own filter I'm only a novice do you know anything about the nexus? I've heard there really good all the koi shops near me run them.

Reaction score
welcome, we love pictures if you have them
I've put a few pics on, however just been looking at your magnificent creation and it's defiantly a WOW from me it amazing and your water is crystal clear I hope I can get mine half as good as yours.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
to build your own filter all you need is gravel or lava rock and a stock tank and tank adapter some use barrels but they are hard to hide

Attachments

• pond flag 022.JPG
    pond flag 022.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Gunner, Welcome to GPF=Garden Pond Fanatics. Your pond looks really nice. Good luck with your sick fish. You might want to start a new thread on the fish disease section to get help.

Ask a Question