Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yes they do!! We have a hedgehog come to our garden so I don't like using the pellets. Nothing else really does the trick though does it?!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nothing else really does the trick though does it?!

I will share our slug and snail remedy that we use on our hostas. When the plants are first emerging in the spring, I mix 1 quart of ammonia into 1 gallon of water and pour that all around the area directly surrounding the plants. I used to do that once per week when we had a bad slug problem. Once the leaves emerge, I use a 10% ammonia and water solution in a spray bottle and spray the leaves heavily - until they are dripping - as well as the ground around the plants. When the slugs were really bad, I sprayed the plants daily at dusk for about a week. Then I would just watch for signs of slugs and spray again. It only took me one season to reduce the slug population. Now we rarely see one and my hostas stay beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I will share our slug and snail remedy that we use on our hostas. When the plants are first emerging in the spring, I mix 1 quart of ammonia into 1 gallon of water and pour that all around the area directly surrounding the plants. I used to do that once per week when we had a bad slug problem. Once the leaves emerge, I use a 10% ammonia and water solution in a spray bottle and spray the leaves heavily - until they are dripping - as well as the ground around the plants. When the slugs were really bad, I sprayed the plants daily at dusk for about a week. Then I would just watch for signs of slugs and spray again. It only took me one season to reduce the slug population. Now we rarely see one and my hostas stay beautiful!
for many years i was blaming squirels or rats for eating new leaves and flower buds , untill i realized the slugs are doing so much damage even they break stems ! whenever i planted seasonal plants there flowering stems are all broken and leaves eaten . i had no idea slugs can b this bad and i cud see there trails in the morning , i did sprayed pesticides with no effect , they dont eat all plants tho , some they like more

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome, I just ordered a heron net and hope it works. Otherwise, I'll be asking for more closeups of that wire cover design

Ask a Question