Next question...can I mix fish?

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with my mix which is everything you mentioned plus some koi.They tend to hang in their own groups most.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
With a mix the only problem is when they breed you dont know what is what
But that may not be a bad thing

Reaction score
Yep. I have 3 of each (and some koi) and they are fine. I had a few survive the spawn that I think are a mix between shubs and sarasas, they are gonna look awesome later...

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you are not breeding for show or sale, it should not be an issue. It would be nice to see the parents and results if you can document it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I have common golds, sarassas and shubbies. We had THOUSANDS of offspring last year. I just let nature do its thing. I did not do a breeding mop. From Started with 21 adult fish total. Nature (Heron) got 11 of the origila adults. About 50 offspring survived. I know some are mixed bred, but for the most part I can tell which fish were the parents. BTW- I have had several goldies go from orange to white- that is awesome!

Good luck!

Ask a Question