addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Missy was ready! She reminds me of my little fluff ball - thinks she can kick anyone's booty!
She thinks she is bigger than everything. We keep her from other dogs, a lot ignore her, but one hit with a big paw could kill her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
True but the male went after a few people and the female did not want anybody near her. A lot of people think they can walk up and pet these ponies, most won't tolerate it.
Being that I was raised on a farm...... My dad had cattle, hogs, horses, chickens, geese and I could go on and on..... That being said even though these animals are domesticated, when love is in the air all bets are off..... You better stay out of their way..... Two most dangerous times with animals is the above, and a mama with her babies..... Jimmy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They do that the males always get very protective of the female and the females are very stand off towards people .Marty's horse are like that when they couple up .I always keep my distance when that happens ,they will jump the fence to get you

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The pony round up was last week so wondering if the mare had a foal that was taken for the sale. I told hubby that there would be some PO'd mares this week!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pony round up was last week so wondering if the mare had a foal that was taken for the sale. I told hubby that there would be some PO'd mares this week!

The round up is down in Chincoteague, south of where the camping and national park is. The part we are in they do not do a round up. They control the numbers of ponies by giving the girls a birth control shot, after they have a baby. Keeps them from having a kid for xx years. They keep very detailed records as to what horse had a kid, markings etc.

Camping is only allowed on the Maryland side of the island.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh geeze birth control for animals and yet people keep having babies like they are chicklets .Met one yesterday when i went to the emergency room to have lunch with my sister 6 kids and pregnant again and on welfare and section 8 and lost all her kids to CPS .CPS was there and was there and lady recconized her I guess .Heard from my sister she tests positive every time for all kinds of drugs ,they know her well .Such a shame that they don't care about the babies they have or the ones they carry

Ask a Question