Nymphoides Peltata-Fringed Water Lily

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best way to get the most out of this plant?

I have two in my pond sent to me bareroot. They both have runners on them. Do people cut them of to increase growth in the main plant?

Any tips on getting the most out of this plant. I know it likes to spread like wildfire.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol I had to look it up. I have that stuff growing. Stick the roots in a bit of dirt, litter and stand back it will take off. Don't cut the runners off, mine spreads everywhere, (I have it in my hot tub pond and a small deck pond) Every now and then I yank some of it out and toss.

It blooms a lot and looks neat!
20190814_112235.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I had to look it up. I have that stuff growing. Stick the roots in a bit of dirt, litter and stand back it will take off. Don't cut the runners off, mine spreads everywhere, (I have it in my hot tub pond and a small deck pond) Every now and then I yank some of it out and toss.

It blooms a lot and looks neat!View attachment 129942
Your pond looks amazing!! Do you have sediment across the bottom of your pond?

Mr runners don't have anything to grow in.. I want them to grow throughout the tub I have planted the mother plant in but its not. Might try and root the runner in a spiral inside the pot...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is around a 300-350 gallon old hot tub we converted to a pond. I have lilies planted in it in kitty litter, I shoved a few roots into a pot I have parrots feather in. The plant just grows and floats out. It probably would do fine without dirt, but it might grow faster with a bit of dirt.
It spreads pretty fast. Just getting going now. I have to pull plants out of the hot tub pond quite often ow the fan tails will have no where to swim. The anacharis, parrots feather will take over.

Ask a Question