Opinions on Pond Balance and Algaecide

Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on these two products. I have been using Pond Balance for several years to control the string algae and also to help with the little hairy army green color algae that sticks to the underwater rocks. I did a complete water change this year, scrubbed the rocks down and did a huge cleaning. It really needed it. Anyway, I have done this before with positive results. This year, I put the full bag in and then followed it up with a half bag a few days later. No problem with the string algae, but the other algae under the water is going crazy. Wondered about trying another product and read some decent things about Algaecide from Aquascape.

Any opinions on either product or even something else.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't use chemicals but really cleaning the pond of the good stuff you are now starting over.I am guessing you have no fish in your pond .Peroxide kills off algae also

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Just be sure you know the exact gallons of your pond, that is around a 2~5% variance. The success and failures of these algaecide products is determined by you knowing your nearly exact pond gallons.

Reaction score
I do have fish. I know, I know, complete draining of water is not recommended, but I have never had any problems with it in the past. I have not lost one fish.

It is just that this year after the complete cleaning I did, I have this army clean algae growing on the underwater rocks. Going to try something different this year since the Pond Balance doesn't seem to work as well right now. Maybe it is still too cold. I don't know.

Thanks for the advice crsublette. I have about 1,000 gallons so I always treat off of that.

Reaction score
Can you give me answers for these questions, then, we can find the perfect solution or product.
First,Are you using External filter or Internal filter?? Second,Is Pond in direct contact of sunrays?? Third, Are you feeding your fish in more quantity..

Ask a Question