Other animals

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Speaking of cockatoos. Here is my 10yo umbrella named sweetpea.

They do make a mess, like someone dumped a container of talcum powder in a fan.

Attachments

• DSC00039 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00039 (Custom).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00040 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00040 (Custom).JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00041 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00041 (Custom).JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00023 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00023 (Custom).JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 234

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Never been around an Alpaca, but did own about 15 llama for a while, I didnt have much to do with them though, They were the ex's hobby and I wanted nothing to do with them. (I really didnt even want to pay to feed them, but I had to do that much)

But that could be one of the reasons my allergies were so bad when I went to her parents (They were kept at thier farm) I always thought it was the cat, but it could have easily been from all of the dust and hair from the llamas.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
ididntdoit99 said:
Never been around an Alpaca, but did own about 15 llama for a while, I didnt have much to do with them though, They were the ex's hobby and I wanted nothing to do with them. (I really didnt even want to pay to feed them, but I had to do that much)

But that could be one of the reasons my allergies were so bad when I went to her parents (They were kept at thier farm) I always thought it was the cat, but it could have easily been from all of the dust and hair from the llamas.
Could have been, I've never been around Llamas, but from what I have read and been told the woll is very similar to Alpalca's which I have been around some.

koidaddy said:
Speaking of cockatoos. Here is my 10yo umbrella named sweetpea.

They do make a mess, like someone dumped a container of talcum powder in a fan.

I love Umbrella Cockatoo's, actually I like most of the cockatoo's, the Black palm and Rose breasted are my two favorites species. I have kept those two, Umbrella's, Goffin, citron, suplur creasted, greater and lesser, Moluccan, and leadbeater. Of those the sweetest one I ever had was a Umbrella named "Baby" Named from the movie Dirty Dancing, and she was a dancer and lover!

Reaction score
We had a Moluccan Cockatoo, named him Samson, because he used his beak and feet to pull the bars apart on his cage to escape. Our African Gray hated him. The cockatoo would climb up my curtains and drop them on the floor one hook at a time. Be decided he was much too active and LOUD for our apartment so we sold him. But he was great.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think our neighbors up the road have Alpaca's if that's what these are in the photo's. They have quite a few young ones on both sides of their property. I love to watch them play.

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No remember I have the collection of strange, ugly critters like the blob fish and the Aye Aye so can't have any pretty ones very well can I ? :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's Alpaca's, Look pretty close to being grown. The ones I have been around are super sweet, but not all are. One of our neighbors has five or six and one is multi colored and likes to be petted behind the ears and will actually purr like a cat. We have gone to the Agriculture show and they bring them for display and education about them.

Ask a Question