Our lily pond

Reaction score
capewind said:
There's construction going on a couple miles from here .. they have a massive pile of rocks on the side of the road to put in a rock retaining wall ... we keep wondering if anyone would notice a 10 wheeler and machine loading rocks, say about 2 am or so ....
They would never notice.......

Reaction score
The fantasies I've had about those rocks .... They are perfect pond rocks ... the type you want for doing a fieldstone wall ... Hubby's truck can haul 18-20 tons, so I'm going to estimate there must be near 100 tons just sitting there, if not more ... Every time I drive by them (which is at least twice a day, they are next to a busy intersection), I just want to pull over and throw 2-3 in the back of the Expedition LOL.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
open a side door, park at an angle like you are peeing, have gloves on and ready, throw a few in and RUN!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
capewind said:
Wow Addy, this sounds like your advice is coming from experience LMAO. Doesnt sound too bad LOL.
lmao, no, sure have thought of it though. My honey promised me, next drive to penna we are taking the truck, gloves and stopping on the way to gather pa field stone. Beautiful pond rock, there are places it is just alongside the road. Wild rock lol. I have stripped our lot up there bare of rocks. He won't let me take it off other lots.........sort of stealing rocks...sigh I tell him they would love it if we help remove some of the rocks! He just won't listen to me...........geez

Way cheaper than the pallets of rock I have bought, just gas and some hard labor, that stuff is heavy and of course we want big rocks.

Reaction score
We've driven around to areas (public lands) where we'd think you could find a couple on a walk and NOPE ... totally denied at this point. Earlier this year, I would get all excited when a call would come in to pull a stump .. We get good money for yanking stumps, but UNDER them, is usually a decent rock or two since no one has been digging there. Now that it's May, we wont do many more stumps til fall or so. Just one here and there. Our work type varies greatly by the season or even individually by month. I was so bad this morning. Got a call from a friend that his dad needed more tree work ... shot over there, and what do *I* see??? Not the 6-8 trees he wants removed, but a bunch of rocks on the grass .. I asked our friend what was his dad gonna do with them, totally not seeing that they were fixing an old stone/concrete wall around a flower bed ... the good news is he (the friend, not dad) will drop off whatever is left over LOL. It will only end up being maybe half a dozen small rocks (maybe 4 to make a basketball), but I;ll take them LOL.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are all rock crazy lunatics here! I am envisioning soon rocks will be inside protected heavily armed facilities.......... "Fort Rox"! Better get them while you can as the day will come when they will be like gold

Ask a Question