j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good thing I don't have or need a skimmer. I can't wait for the frogs to come out to the pond in Spring. Love their music!
Your frog picked a nice spot to claim as his spot :razz:

Reaction score
Sometimes you need to get down on your knees to enjoy all the critters your pond brings.
snail2_zps73bce488.jpg

snail_zpsd0653b3a.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I get so many frogs and tadpoles the clog up my filters .Neighbors started to complain about all the frogs and had to take a toad away .I did not want him hugging one of my fish to death .Plus he was way to noisy .Took lots of tadpoles down to the creek across from my house in a bucket and gave them a new home .I also gave a bucket of them to new ponders who wanted frogs .Good luck with that one :razz: They had there pond going over a year and no frogs .

Reaction score
sissy said:
I get so many frogs and tadpoles the clog up my filters .Neighbors started to complain about all the frogs and had to take a toad away .I did not want him hugging one of my fish to death .Plus he was way to noisy .Took lots of tadpoles down to the creek across from my house in a bucket and gave them a new home .I also gave a bucket of them to new ponders who wanted frogs .Good luck with that one :razz: They had there pond going over a year and no frogs .
We don't have frogs here anymore. I will start a new FROG thread over the weekend as I would like peopleS advice. (I guarantee you will hear from my wife cityponder on this topic) lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got a few frogs but still I am wayyyyyyyy lacking and need more. FROGS WANTED........COME TO MY HOUSE.........PLENTY OF BUG FOOD AND NICE CLEAN WATER
frogvsfly.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat video! Gosh wonder if they sting them on the way down? Did you watch him for awhile to see if he suffered at all from it?

Reaction score
Frogs eat anything, he was just fine. I have pictures somewhere of a frog eating a large worm (will have to dig them out). I was shown a picture once of a frog that attempted to eat a small bird, unfortunately they both died. The wasps and hornets are nonstop to the pond in the hot summer days, and he was always there in that same spot (that’s why I put the camcorder on him). The hornets and wasps coming to the pond are interesting. I found if you stared at them long enough you would see a steady stream of them. Last year they actually came from the east and the west from different hives. They all travelled the exact same path in and out of the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Amazing they can eat the wasps and not get stung. Must have some kind of protection against their venom. Some people have the patience to sit and sit and sit to watch things happen in nature. You are one of them. Me too and I started out very young being able to watch critters, bugs of all types till my mom made me come inside and said that's enough. I would sit and watch ants forever and feed them and watch them carry the food away. They loved the sweet things like honey but learned that wasn't so good as they got stuck in it. Loved to watch spiders build their webs. Always bringing home tadpoles, lizards, stray cats, dogs, hurt birds etc. Nature is so wonderful!
Whenever my hubby and I go to the zoo or some other such exhibits I think he gets worn out from all the time I take just staring into the eyes of the primates,lol! He does not have that lets watch this forever mode ingrained in him.

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s with the wasp eating, I would have guessed lots of pain too, but they did it more than once. I watched them several times before putting a camera on them.

I am one of ant following types. A few summers ago I was doing some work at the side of the house and saw two big mounds of ants. Most people would see this as just two big mounds of ants, but if you actually got down on the ground and looked closely you would see it was a war. I had seen this before so I knew what was going on. I actually grabbed my wife brought her to the side of the house and made her kneel on the ground to watch. I don’t know what the neighbours were thinking, but it was fascinating Lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very very nice! love your videos. Everything is beautiful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads