Out checking water perameters after heavy rain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Weve had what I can only say was a deluge this last 24 hours so its straight out checking the water perameters "god did it rain", it was more like the rain I used to see in the US huge heavy drops .
The koi all seem to be fine we did gind a problem with the bio filter, one of the airstones must have been directly under the outlet to our main pump was was seen to be pumping bubbles so weve stopped that and there is no problem with it now.
It took less than a few seconds to fix , I really need to get some Gaffer tape so I can tape all the airhoses around the top of the bio filter to stop it happening again.
I think we are in for a bit more of this over the rest of the week .

rgrds

Dace

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep when the weather is bad that's when the problems happen .Been there done that .It was raining hard the other day and a pump hose from when of my stock tanks came loose .I kept saying I was going to check the clamp to make sure it was tight and other things got done and I forgot .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no I pray everything was alright and no fish lost ?

rgds

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't have fish in the stock tank just plants and of course the ever present tad poles .My pit bull caught it as he was jumping up at the tank after something is what made me go out and look and he was trying to play with the squirting water stream .I guess he thought it was a hose and wanted to play in the water .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Try to give him a bath and the fight is on, water from a hose and he wants to play ,go figure

Reaction score
10.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Ask a Question