Parrot Feather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It seems to do better at bog depth than at two feet deep. Its shedding a lot and getting caught in the pre filter.
16E36433-E36C-4C32-A101-623DC8769510.jpeg
0C9BDDDB-721C-490E-AE0F-9E6F7FD79C0D.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some that just floats, some was, long ago, put in a pot about 8 inches under water, tons of growth. Another is planted right below surface, it grows the same, a lot. Other is not planted at all. and it grows

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
My main bunch of Parrot's Feather is planted directly in the bog and hangs in the spillway and all over the rocks, but that stuff will grow just about anywhere in the pond.
I have some pieces stuck between rocks around the pond and it does great. Just make sure the root end is in the water. And just like @addy1 said, it can survive just floating around.

I have to buy Parrot's Feather every year since I'm in a cold winter area. This year the garden center sold me what they said was a winter hardy version. We'll see if it survives the winter.

Ask a Question