Pests on pond plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to kill whatever is eating my water lettuce and hyacinths.
Every now and then, I see tiny worms and beetles on them, but how to kill them without hurting my goldfish?
Thx

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Baton Rouge, La.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-081458_Print Spooler.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-081458_Print Spooler.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I have heard that they have introduced something here in Florida (and since you are in LA they might have also done it there) to inhibit the spread of both since they are invasive...I don't know what it is exactly but mine have also been fighting a down hill battle...So frustrating for responsible ponders because they offer great shade for our fish...but they clog up the waterways and harbor mosquito larva...I have picked apart the leaves multiple times and cannot see anything...whatever it is must be very tiny..Another possibility is that the fish are nibbling on the roots and causing a decline in the plants health which leaves them open to both pests and disease....Many on here take them out of the pond and put them in a container with Miracle Gro for awhile until the roots improve again. It did not work for me but it has for many...I think it is 1 tsp Miracle Gro to 5 gallons of water but check to make sure:)

Ask a Question