Philidendrums

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Any body have Philidendrums in the water features fo the summer.We have a ton of them in the house,I was wondering about adding to the pond just for the summer and give them achange of scene,and moving back inside this fall?

Reaction score
I know some people have put them in there fish tanks .. depending one what kind ...the viney type they have .. the split leafs i dont think i have heard anyone doing that.. do you know what kind of Philly you have ??

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I usually put the Pothos type of vining plant in my aquariums when I had them. I tried them in the pond waterfall one year and they did well. No harm to fish from them and they grow like crazy!

3523063985_3a5687fcb0_z.jpg

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I usually put the Pothos type of vining plant in my aquariums when I had them. I tried them in the pond waterfall one year and they did well. No harm to fish from them and they grow like crazy!

3523063985_3a5687fcb0_z.jpg
Well I realy thank you for that link,There will not be any phillos In or near my pond ,elephant ears either ,Sure glad I ask !

Reaction score
I believe I have a philodendron in my pond that I got from a friend. It is floating in a floating planter and I inadvertently also placed a small floating Hyacinth in same soil and I cannot remove it...it has grown into the soil and is growing nicely! Here is a pic...it is varigiated. Is it a Philly? I am not sure. I did have a good friend who also floated the Pothos, like above in her pond w Koi, but she made sure the plant did not overhang the floating pot. Sorry if it is not clear. the last pic is my resident Green Frog enjoying the float along w some Daylillies. ;)

:goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5581.JPG
    DSCF5581.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCF5582.JPG
    DSCF5582.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 879
  • DSCF5584.JPG
    DSCF5584.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 513
Reaction score
JW that is a Devils Ivy Pothos .. they are kinda a tropical plant and love the water ..there leaves can get really big ..

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Marion are you referring to the pic I posted or shoestrings photos on the ones she wanted to know what they were?

Reaction score
JW i was talking about the ones you posted .. they are the Devils Ivy Pothos .. .. Shoestring that is a Arrowhead plant .in the first 2 pics... i had to look it up had a brain fart when it came to the name of the plants . i used to have tons of houseplants but now just have a few ..dont have the room now ..

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah, ok then! I just cut some of mine off(Devils Ivy) and hung it in the waterfall in the pond. Going straight from in the house this time to full sun might not do so well. Last time I did it I put it out on cloudy days and it gradually went full sun. We shall see.
I just looked up Arrowhead and it says it's poison too and uh oh I looked up Pothos and it is too! Guess I'll be going out now and pulling that outta the pond. Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe not tho as I had it in there before and had tons hanging w/ the roots in the aquarium and no fish bothered by it. Maybe fish are not affected as dogs and cats are?

Reaction score
i dont think it is poisonous to fish . but it is poisonous to cats and dogs if they eat it .. but they are usually pretty smart to stay away from them .. but the plants will grow fast in the pond water :)

Marion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Growler

Latest Threads