pink jobs and blue jobs

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
Meekaboo said:
I wash the dishes, do the cooking, mow the lawn, take out the trash, look after all the critters (wet and dry), own and use the power tools, repair the roof, work full-time AND pay all the bills. Everything is my responsibility. But, I also get all the credit.

If I had a partner in my life I would prefer to do mostly blue jobs. He could do the cooking and cleaning. To me "woman's" work is a chore and "man's" work is more fun!

same with me :0)

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
Meekaboo said:
I wash the dishes, do the cooking, mow the lawn, take out the trash, look after all the critters (wet and dry), own and use the power tools, repair the roof, work full-time AND pay all the bills. Everything is my responsibility. But, I also get all the credit.

If I had a partner in my life I would prefer to do mostly blue jobs. He could do the cooking and cleaning. To me "woman's" work is a chore and "man's" work is more fun!

same with me :0)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on what car we are driving and if he is bored with driving, he drives 50 miles one way to work each day so we can live out of the city and still afford our house.

But usually him, I hate the traffic if we get close to DC or Baltimore, he is better at dealing with it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on what car we are driving and if he is bored with driving, he drives 50 miles one way to work each day so we can live out of the city and still afford our house.

But usually him, I hate the traffic if we get close to DC or Baltimore, he is better at dealing with it.

Reaction score
Like so many others, I find it easier to be alone and just do everything myself. Even at work, it's much less exhausting to do something myself than it is to go through the process of negotiating and re-negotiating protocol. I guess I'm a mix of pink and blue. Looks like 'perrywinkle'. LOL I did make a chauvanist pig joke to myself the other day. I'm so sick of doing dishes I said to myself, 'It's enough to make me want to get married'. Slap me, it's okay, but not too hard. :bowdown:

Reaction score
Like so many others, I find it easier to be alone and just do everything myself. Even at work, it's much less exhausting to do something myself than it is to go through the process of negotiating and re-negotiating protocol. I guess I'm a mix of pink and blue. Looks like 'perrywinkle'. LOL I did make a chauvanist pig joke to myself the other day. I'm so sick of doing dishes I said to myself, 'It's enough to make me want to get married'. Slap me, it's okay, but not too hard. :bowdown:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was thinking about the above, we drive each others cars, I won't touch his one with the 600 hp engine though. I guess you could say we take turns, but I do my best to not drive in the heavy traffic around dc..

Ask a Question