plumbing question

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well Craig, I know you think you just know this stuff just by your gut and you have no need for numbers, science and such. Me, I don't know for a fact that given all the fittings, the splits, the merges, different pipe locations that a 4" pipe isn't needed. And who knows, you could be right. But lets not confuse luck with knowledge. I prefer to do the calculation rather than rely on your gut if you don't mind too much.

You see, this is exactly why you get people ticked off of you. I never said I have no time for numbers or science. I don't know this all by "my gut" and I asked you a simple question. Then you turn around and insult the hell out of me. Why would you do that? Even after I JUST posted that I increased my overflow on my new pond because of your previous postings. You might have a ton on knowledge but you can be truly an ass in the dispensing of it.

From now on, I'm not going to bother posting on any thread you are. It just isn't worth it.
Craig

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Heh, I know. I was curious as to what ya would say. We would really have to know exact details to know the exact benefits of a 3" versus 4" pipe, but can definitely give a decent guess.

Reaction score
Plumbing plan (in words)

BD - 3" - 20 feet long - 2' drop , one 90° and two 45°--------->100 gallon drum -----> two 2" pipes, 4 feet long, 1' drop, two 90° (each to a 55 gl drum) ----> two 2" pipes, 4 feet long,1' drop, two 90° (each to a 55 gl drum) ------->two 2" into a single 55 drum ----> 2" pipe out of 55 gl drum to pump (size TBD) ----> 2" pipe out of pump to wye--- two 2" pipes to returns.

How big a pump? I'm thinking I can get a minimum of 8K p/hr through the bottom drain and close to that out of the combined two 2" pipes

I can adjust the drop on all tanks to make the math work. Let the math begin.

Thanks. Bud

Reaction score
The only piece on hand is the 'smooth" 90 under the 3" BD. I have plenty of room at all other connections to use the smooth 90 if needed to maximize flow (or hard 90 if needed to restrict). Thanks

Bud.

Ask a Question