Plymouth and district koi keepers Societies 24th Annual koi show

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The Plymouth and District Koi Keepers Society with be holding their 24th Annual koi show on Sunday 12/7/15

Val and I are pleased to anounce our koi clubs 24th Annual koi show on Sunday 12/7/15 from 10:00 am to 16:00 pm at the Tamar View Nurseries Garden Centre Carkeel Saltash Cornwall PL 12 6PH .
Atractions include Tombolla... Membership... Koi Dealers Tamar View Aquatics ....... ACM koi .......Fish Raffle/£100 prize
Attractions The Plymton Owl Man... The Plymouth WoodTurners .........

Parking.....Toilets.....Garden Centre... Nurseries... Restaraunt and shops

On a personal note :-
Val and I with alot of help from others have for the last 23 shows managed to show at all our shows the only people ever to do all our shows.
However age and disabilities are catching up with us so we announce that the 24 th show will be our penultimate show and we aim to retire after the 25 th .
Its been a fun time, a painful time, [for ourselves],yet alot of people have helped year on year some are koi people, others friends but I'd like to thank them all for helping us have a fun day out .
Believe me if we could go on showing we would but it is now getting physically impossible for us to do [without harming our health] .
Hopefully when we retire the next person to take up showing has a further 25 years of the show arena

Best Wishes to all who make things happen and to our fellow competitors its been fun

Dave and Val

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well after a very wet start to the day and thinking the show a wash out it turned out in the end to be quite a nice day with a number of suprises .
Our friend Clive a former Veteran like myself who we had lost contact with for 20 years suddenly re-surfaced and is keeping koi as is our former gas service engineer who also turned up .
The two judges were very thurough and judging took along time so we took in the tombolla and won a prize .
This year Val and I found ourselves a victim of technology in that we had been replaced from our normal duties of putting the koi photo's out on the winners boards when a PC took over the task .
By midday the sun put its tentative head through the clouds and the rain dried up and in came the people , who always make the show a worthwhile event.
As soon as the results where posted we found we had four first placings and a second placing which was great and made things worth the effort and pain these shows now cause .
All in all a good day was had by all and the judges found the standard of koi at the show second to non which is a brilliant compliment concidering these guys also judge at the BKKS National show and as such know their koi .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
As soon as I can get them downloaded you shall have them :happy:
However that may take a few days as they are on Vals mobile, seeing as I forgot mine as well as the camera :LOL:
Personally I put it down to being 58 :(
Dave

Ask a Question