Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ugh. This makes me so sad. Why do we not understand what this is doing to the entire life cycle?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I read this a few weeks ago. I heard Home Depot was taking action, but no response from Lowes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh, that's quite frightening. Seems that you can't trust what you read on the label! :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They grow pretty plants by putting systemic insecticides into the plants, which last for a heck of a long time. Everything in our yard is old enough now to be safe for the bees and all that goes there now is planted seeds.

The government needs to wake up, I joined a few publications etc and it is darn right frightening what is happening, gmo's, mono cropping, fugicides. weed removers also have insecticides. Every label needs to be read. I have a list of some chemicals to look for, but not with me.

Our yard gets nothing put on it, so far we have not had a bee die out, if someone does spray on a plant the bees are working you can tell, the hive will die off. or you will see hundreds of dead bees in front of it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We can all help by not buying the plants and pesticides.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn I didn't know this and won't be buying any blooming plants from anywhere till they are using none of that crap! Haven't bought any in a long time so think all is safe here. Will let my neighbors know too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
The quickest way to make an impact is to use your dollar. Look for boycotts to join or call for one yourself. Get the word out on all your social medias. Ask your friends to join in. Look for USDA organic or heirloom seeds/plants. You can find lots of the seeds online.

You know, we have the capability for a plant exchange right here. We're already doing it about once a year with lillys. We could build on that. Collect your seeds or trimmed plants if you know them to be pesticide free, and advertise them here! ...just a thought.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
wow Tim, love the idea!! I normally have so much seeds I collected I don't know what to do with them anyway :) I'll have to start doing it again.

Normally I go to our farmer's market to get my vegetable plants but I think I might keep seeds myself this time.

Ask a Question