pollen

Reaction score
Hello
does anyone know an easy way to get rid of pine pollen?
it is all over everything and has covered the pond with a layer of fine lime green powder.

Reaction score
Hey Mike! Im in Chesapeake too!
This pollen is the worst... We've just been going out and scooping it up with a super fine net. Hopefully it won't last too much longer...

Reaction score
It is horrific this year here. My pond water is covered in a coat of green dust for about a week now. I try to net it out, but it's terrible. It rained last night, and that helped tremendously, but it has been bad.

Airic is right, short of a skimmer, you just need to pray for rain.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use a bucket and skim mine when I have a lot of floating pollen or ash. It takes about 15-20 minutes to clean it up.

Reaction score
I've tried with a bucket this week, and it hasn't helped me. Tried with a small-holed net, too. It's just too much. I stick the bucket in and it just all swirls around. I've never seen pollen like what has fallen this year. I try to scoop out as much as I can nonetheless, and then I come back out to look an hour later and more pollen has fallen and it's as if I did nothing.

It's crazy.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
mike3628 said:
Hello
does anyone know an easy way to get rid of pine pollen?
it is all over everything and has covered the pond with a layer of fine lime green powder.

Hi Mike, I'm sure I'm being a wise guy by saying this, but I do have answer for you. Cut down the trees. You probably have a whole forest of them, Right?

Happy ponding,

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You will also remove a serious fire hazard. Ever seen a pine on fire? It is like a torch fed with gasoline.

Reaction score
Im not sure which part of the city hes in but where I am the trees are still a few houses away and everything is coated... you drive and the dust follows the cars even.... Im thinking of putting some plastic over the pond that is used for green houses, maybe that will block more of it....

Reaction score
Hello
cutting down the trees is not an option none are on my property. like CT said the entire city of Chesapeake is covered in this stuff. the rain the other night helped some but ill just have to keep skimming with the net until its over lol. thanks CT its nice to know I'm not the only one fighting the lemon/lime fog lol

PS3

Reaction score
my pond is under kinda under an oak tree and every spring all that stuff
off the tree makes my water brown lol then it gets clear again

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We had it bad last week .. but a good rain washed it all away
when i got home the pond looked like green clay washed in , it was coming off the big rocks around the pond . the filters took it all away the pond looks clean and happy today

Ask a Question